XIX - My Ticket Home

5 VOTES TO NEXT CHAPTER!!! Yes, I'm asking more again :P

My Ticket Home

I've now been living in this ship for a week.

Yes, a week and the Doctor still hasn't found me! Oh, if he hasn't shown up by now than it must mean he will never find me.

Jack has been excellent company though. Every day, he left for an hour or two on 'official business' as he called it, but would come back and be ever so flirty. He tried to charm me with wine and dance and all. He would get a kiss out of me every now and then, but I made it clear it wasn't going any further though he still tried.

We were talking about silly little things in the cockpit of the spaceship when something outside caught his eye.

"Hey, isn't that a girl holding onto the rope over there?" he said, pointing out the window.

In fact, there was a girl hanging on with her dear life.

"You've got to do something!" I said, hit him on the shoulder.

"Right, right..." he said and started to push a bunch of buttons.

I was watching anxiously outside to make sure she was still ok. Suddenly, she lost her grip and started falling.

"Jack!" I yelled.

Then a beam of light appeared around her and she stopped falling. I knew it had to be Jack. He pressed the button for the intercom.

"Ok, ok, I got you!" Jack announced to the girl.

But I can see she wasn't more relaxed.

"Who's got me?" she asked. "Who's got me and, you know, how?"

"I'm just programming your descent patterns, stay as still as you can and keep your hands and feet inside the light field," he said into the intercom, looking all serious like. He was hot when he was serious...

"Descent pattern? What?"

"Oh and can you turn off your cell phone?" he asked she made a confused face. "No, seriously, it interferes with my instruments."

She took out her cell phone and turned it off.

I then realized if she had a cell phone, she wasn't from this time either... She was from the future, maybe near my time! But how did she get here... Unless the Doctor had something to do with it! I needed to talk to that girl one on one.

Jack beamed her into the placed ship and she landed in his arms. They had a moment where she looked at him and said "hello" and of course, he gave her a flirty hello back.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to looking outside as they had their exchange of words, then she fainted and Jack laid her down.

"She ok?" I asked, slightly worried.

"Yeah, just fainted. She'll be fine," he assured me. "You know, you look like this sort of stuff happens every day. I still don't quite understand who you could have travelled with," he commented, sitting down.

I smiled sweetly at him and reached for the chain I wore around my neck. I took it off and handed it to him.

"Got shot with that bullet on my first day with him. Does that give you an idea?"

He examined the bullet carefully and handed back to me.

"So you like danger?" he grinned.

"Depends how dangerous," I smirked.

The conversation ended there when the girl finally woke up and stood up looking around.

"Better now?" he asked.

"You go lights in here?" she asked since it was rather dark.

And they had their little conversation as I stayed seated, only listening with one ear. I almost hated how Jack was so flirty with her. He was probably like that with all the girls he met. The last week meant nothing to him.

He took out his psychic paper, trying to fake his identity and she called him out on his lie. Something she said in particular really caught my attention.

"I have a friend who uses this all the time," she stated.

She and Jack continued to talked as she looked around curiously. I was trying to concentrate on how I could talk to her alone.

Then Jack invented her to the top of the spaceship with a bottle of Champaign. Right in front of me! As if I didn't even existed. I felt my blood start to boil. The girl and Jack hadn't even looked at me since she arrived. Maybe because she was blond that he liked her so much...

After a long while as I stayed seated, thinking, they came back inside. I stood up to let them know I was here and the girl finally looked at me.

"Hello there," she smiled.

"Hey," I replied a little more coldly than I would have liked.

Jack looked at me a little ashamed and I glared at him.

"Can I speak to you? Alone?" I asked the blond.

"Sure," she nervously smiled.

"Zera, what are-" Jack started.

"I need to speak with her alone, Jack," I cut him off.

I was going to be subtle about it, get her a lone without bringing any attention to me, but my anger just made me want to get the Hell out of here.

Jack nodded and walked out.

"I'm Rose by the way," she smiled.

"Zera. I'm going to make this quick. The man you're travelling with? What's his name?"

"Why would you want to know that?"

"It's complicated. Please, what's his name?" I repeated.

"He... I don't know his name," she responded, confirming my thoughts.

"It's the Doctor, right? You're travelling with the Doctor," I stated and she looked at me shocked.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I know him. Can you deliver a message for me when you see him? If it's a younger him, then one day, it'll make since, if it's older him, he'll understand."

"Ok, fine, what's the message?"

I took a piece of paper and wrote down the date and place on it and a little message.

Dear Doctor, find me ;)

xoxo Zera Roberts

I handed the paper to Rose who read it and seemed a little... discouraged.

"Right..." she sighed and placed the paper in her pocket.

"It's vital he get's that, understood?"

"He'll get it," she assured me.

"Thank you," I smiled gratefully and made my way to the consoles. I knew what I was doing, Jack had shown me how the day before.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Going home," I explained and a second later, I was back on the ground standing in front of Big Ben, ready to wait.

5 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!!