IV - Cybermen

• Dedicated to The Doctor cause you are simply amazing! :D

A little new years gift, two chapters today! Yay! :D

Cybermen

The next day, Craig came down stairs with Alfie who was of course crying again. He placed him in the high chair and took out a milk bottle. I sat down at the dinner table next to the baby.

"Shhh, there're no need to cry... Shhh," I trying to calm him down and, surprisingly, he stopped and looked at me with big eyes and burst into laughter. I couldn't help but smile.

"How'd you do that?" Craig asked.

I simply shrugged.

He took out the things needed for cereal and gave me the bowl of lucky charms. I was happy to finally not be forced to eat gross healthy foods all the time. As I ate, I looked down to see the news paper on the table.

"We're in 2008?" I asked, feeling kind of weird.

"Of course we were. What year are you from?" he asked as if it was completely normal.

"I stowaway with the Doctor in 2005, but I meant him in 2002," I answered.

After a while of sitting around and watching some more TV, Craig needed to go to the department store. He strapped Alfie in the car and I simply sat down in the back seat and tied my seatbelt. It's been a while since I've been in a car, I practically never left the orphanage.

We arrived and I had to help Craig put Alfie in the stroller. Once inside, I simply stayed quiet and followed him around. It was obvious I wasn't his child to the others in the store, both him and Alfie had blond hair and my locks where almost black.

We walked into the toy department since Craig wanted to buy something for Alfie.

"I'm going to be right back, ok? Stay in this department, no sneaking off," he warned and left me alone surrounded by stupid little toys that I had no interest in.

I walked around to find this one thing I saw the commercial of - something for painting - when I ran right into the Doctor. He had a name tad on him that read "The Doctor: Here to help". When he saw me, he looked disappointed.

"Zera, you need to stop following me!" he complained.

"I didn't, I swear!" I defended myself. "Craig brought me here, he needing things. I didn't know you were here."

His eyebrows went up as he smiled widely.

"In that case, happy to see you again, Zera! But I think you should leave. Something's going on here and I wouldn't want anything happening to you before I can bring you back in one piece to 2005," he said.

"What are you doing here for?" Craig asked as he arrived with Alfie.

"Craig! I'm here working in a shop! You see, they even gave me a little badge in case I forget who I am. Which is sometimes the case..." he said.

The spoke a while, mostly Craig complaining about a lack of sleep because Alfie cried all night. I didn't really notice.

"Craig, do you have some money on you?" the Doctor asked.

"Yeah, why?" he said at the same time as he took out a 20 pounds out of him wallet.

The Doctor snatched it out of his hands and placed the money into mine.

"Here, buy yourself some clothes to wear instead of that worn out pyjamas you have on," he smirked and only then did I realize I was still wearing my pjs.

"Thank you," I blushed and I walked away to find the clothing department.

I walked around in the aisle for a while in the kids clothes department and found a nice pair of jeans and a t-shirt.