XXIII - Surprising Morning And A Button Up Shirt

8 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Hey, just wanna say that... you guys are amazing :D And I hope you ladies enjoy the shirtless pic of sexy eleven ;)

Surprising Morning And A Button Up Shirt

The most incredible, unbelievable, once in a life time thing happened to me. That day will go down in history as the day I woke up and the Doctor was still there.

The strong summer sun of 2023 pocked through the purple curtains hanging in front of my window, waking me up near 11AM.

The Doctor had dropped by for a visit last night. It was already very late and I was planning on going to bed when he knocked at the door. How happy I was to see his gorgeous green eyes! I hadn't seen them since Christmas when he dropped by as I was spending the holiday with Craig, Sophie and Alfie who had his girlfriend over, because believe it or not, he was already 15 years old and quite handsome.

He gave me a diamond from Draculafrey since he was the first planet we've ever been on together besides Earth. It was truly beautiful with a slight greenish colour that reminded me of his eyes and it was about the size of a baseball. I kept it safe in a wooden box under my bed. The security of my new home was already pretty high. Only the Doctor could get in without me.

As my eyes started to flutter open, then closed again because of the bright light, I turned around in bed to hid my face only to see the Doctor soundly asleep where he was last night.

I stared at him in surprise, almost shock. In the last three years, he had been over a couple of times, staying over the night, but never was he there when I woke up the next day. That saddened me and made me feel kind of cheap consider what we did before going to bed... But I never said anything because he was the Doctor. It's just how he is, he comes in your life and leaves when you’re not looking. I had accepted that a long time ago.

I observed him sleeping and suddenly realized what I was doing was creepy and stepped out of bed and put the Doctor's button up shirt, since it was late enough. I rarely stayed in bed until 11AM, even when I had nowhere to go. When I thought about it, I realized the adult in me was starting to take over and spent the next week calling up my friends - mostly Jess - to do some fun activities.

I moved out of the apartment only months after my 25th birthday because Jess was officially getting married to her boyfriend and either she was the one to have to get a new place or I was. I personally didn't mind. I found an adorable house in a safe neighbourhood that was just lovely and homey. It was a little lonely living on my own, but it also kept me more concentrated on my art.

I went down to the kitchen and started the coffee machine. A few minutes later, I heard steps in the stairs and the Doctor walked in to the kitchen with a grin on his face, wearing nothing but his trousers.

"I was trying to get dressed when I suddenly realized that I couldn't find my button up shirt," he said and I handed him a cup of coffee.

"Well, now you can't leave without telling me goodbye," I said with a mischievous smirk.

"And why would I live without telling you goodbye?"

"You always do," I replied.

Both of your smiles faded and an awkward silence took place. I didn't realize what I had said until I had already said it.

 "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said-" I started babbling.

"No, it's true. I'm the one whose sorry. Old, habit, I guess," he sighed and took a sip of coffee only to spit it all out on the counter making a disgusting face. "Argh! I forget I hate coffee!" he shouted and started wiping his tongue with his hands. "Ew, ew, ew!"

I couldn't help but burst out laughing, it was just too funny watching him run to the fridge and drink the milk right from the carton, milk dripping down his chin. I couldn't stop laughing, my sides were hurting. He wiped his chin with the back of his hands and put the milk back in the fridge and joined my laughter.

After a moment, things finally calmed down. I made him some eggs and we had a nice pleasant breakfast. He told me some stories, adventures he's been on recently. We got on the subject of when we use to travel together. He stared at me intensely without saying a word and I asked him what he was looking at.

"Travel with me again," he simply replied.

I was token off guard by him - when wasn't I? - but I had thought about it many times.

I smiled at him sweetly, taking his hand in mine.

"No thank you, Doctor."

"Why not?" he pouted.

"I thought about it for a long time and it wasn't an easy decision, but Earth in the 21ft century is my home. I believe it's best if I stay here. I've had my dose of aliens and different planets in different times. I want to stay here," I explained.

He thought about my answer for a moment and finally smiled.

"Maybe it is best. You always bring out the human in me..." he answered slowly.

"Sometimes I forget you aren't human."

We continued to talk for a while and the Doctor decided it was time for him to go. We playfully fought for his shirt, ending in a kiss and him sneaking it out of my hands. I put on a robe and walked him to his TARDIS that he parked just down the street.

"When will you be back?" I asked like I always did.

"Before you can say sonic screwdriver," he replied like he always did.

He softly kissed my lips and smiled before entering the police call box and disappeared once again for a new adventures that I would hear about another time. Or maybe I already have.

8 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!