I - How I Met The Doctor

• Dedicated to To All The Doctor Who Fans :)

(A/N: If you are reading this, it's because I finally deicided to post this little story I've been writing when I was suppost to be working on WNT, Alexis Potter and Anika Riddle lol. So lately, I've been watching way too much Doctor Who - can you blame me? It's fucking amazing! - And ideas were just running around in my head, so I wrote this to get those ideas out so I can concentrate on my other stories so it might not be that good. But I still hope you like it and don't forget to vote and comment!)

I own nothing, all belongs to BBC - accept for Zera Roberts and other small characters that will appear later in the series.

---------------------------------------------------

How I met the Doctor

I was only 7 years old when he changed my life forever.

I was sitting in my bed, my arms wrapped around my knees, my eyes tightly shut as I sung over the sound of his footsteps coming. A song my mother always sang to me before her untimely death took her away from me.

Oh, how I missed her.

Despite my very loud singing, I could still hear his footsteps climbing up the stairs. My heart was racing and I was shaking all over.

Suddenly, I heard the door on the first floor swing open and footsteps running to the stairs. I heard some jumping and crashing in the walls and my curiosity got the better of me. I stepped out of bed and opened my door.

They - whoever the second person was - were no longer in the stairs. I heard talking in the living room, a voice I didn't recognize.

I went down and hid behind the corner.

"Oh, you don't scare me! Come on! Show me what you got," a strange man with light brown hair in a bow tie who was holding a weird little device smiled to my father who looked furious. 

He held the device against my father's head and a green light glowed from the tip.

I covered my mouth to stop myself from screaming. In just one second, my father became a puddle of disgusting green goo.

I ran into the living room where the man with the bow tie was about to leave.

"Who are you and what have you done to my father?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, Zera, he can't hurt you anymore. Now where's your mummy?" he smiled as he walked over to me, kneeling down to my height, looking at me with piercing clear green eyes.

"I don't have a mummy..." I said softly as warm tears streamed down my face.

The victorious look on his face faded to sympathy as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry, but this man is not your father, he... he's dead. This creature took possession of your father's body and has been feeding on your pain... But it's over now. And even if you have to mum or dad does not mean you can be the toughest little trooper out there. Ok? Stay strong, Zera," he said slowly, before pulling me into a tight hug.

I didn't care that I didn't know him, I was scared and I hugged him back for comfort. He pulled away, but kept his hands on my shoulders.

"Now, I want you to stay here and let the police do their job. Do you understand?" I nodded. "Good. You will go to an orphanage, but it's not as bad as it sounds," he assured me. "Goodbye, Zera. Till next time," he smiled and stood up.

I whipped the tears off my face, but my tears kept falling on my cheeks. He walked across the living room to the front door. He walked outside and I followed him.

"I told you to stay there," he ordered without sounding cold.

"How do you know my name and what do you mean by 'till next time'?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Because I know you and you will see me again," he grinned and opened the door to this weird blue police box in the middle of the street.

"No you don't know me, I've never seen you in my life," I stated, confused.

"But I have," and he walked in the box and closed the door.

After a moment of silence, trying to unravel what he said, an odd engine noise I had never heard before came from the box and then it disappeared, leaving me more alone than ever.