XXVI - Diamond's Are A Girl's Bestfriend

8 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

I was a little disapointed about the last chapter, guys! I asked for 1o votes and got only to 7 and it's been 4 days... But I'm posting this anyways. I know wattpad changed the voting thing so it's easier to forget to vote, but I always write it at the beginning and end of every chapter!

And I know the diamond was originally blue - like the Doctor's eyes - but it was come to my attention that the Doctor's eyes are green and not blue and I made a mistake. So I spent a good hour today changing from blue to green on every chapter -_-

And on another note: Please check out "My Mad Man With A Box" by XpheonixXangelX!! she's an awesome writer and a great friend of mine! :D

Diamon Are A Girl's Bestfriend

I avoided Jess, Craig and Sophie. I was terrified of how they might act around me. Act as if I was all fragile and that I would drop dead at any moment. I just wanted them to treat me no different than they already did.

I spent the month making excuses when Jess would invite me to lunch or when Craig and Sophie wanted to come over for tea. I told them I was extremely busy with my paintings, but the truth was I was all out of ideas. I had no idea what to paint, I had already painted everything that I’ve seen with the Doctor. I spent hours in front of a blank canvas, frustrated.

On Saturday, I received a call from Jess.

“Hello?” I answered, knowing very well it was her.

“Hey, it’s me. Look, Zera, I know you’re freaking out right now and so am I, but pushing me away isn’t going to solve anything! I’m coming over for tea. I’ll be there in 15 minutes,” she spoke quickly and hung up the phone.

“Shit…” I muttered.

I had no choice now, she was already on her way and I knew she wouldn’t change her mind. She was so damn stubborn sometimes!

When the doorbell rang, I forced myself to get up and walk to the front door, faking a joyful smile as I opened the door.

“Hey, Jess,” I greeted her.

“Don’t ‘hey Jess’ me! A whole month! You blew me off a whole month right after finding out you-know-what! Was I stupid to think you’d want to spend this time with the people you love? Or maybe I’m just not in that category and you’ve been busy with Craig? What the Hell, Zera? Explain yourself!” she shouted angrily.

I felt like crying right then. She was right, I was being a terrible friend. A terrible person.

One thing did comfort me though. She was yelling at me! Scolding me for being a bad friend. She was straight up and honest, the Jess I knew and loved.

I smiled a real smile and hugged her tightly in my arms.

“I’m so sorry! I know, I’m awful, I’ve just been scared. Of course, I love you, Jess. You’re my best friend in the world. I was being stupid,” I said.

She hugged me back and I knew she forgave me. She followed me to the kitchen and I put the kettle on. We sat down at the table and I explained to her my fear of being treated differently.

“Oh, baby, you really are an idiot! You are going through a tough time, I know that the last thing you need is having a bunch of people acting weird around you,” she assured me.

“I guess it was really stupid of me. I should have known that you of all people wouldn’t…” I replied.

“So, let’s change the subject. I have a tone of questions about the Doctor since now I know who he is. Though I didn’t believe a word Craig told me. I mean alien from another planet that was destroyed who travels in all time and space?” she said sceptically. “I’ve heard a lot of bullshit in my life, but this one takes the cake, Zera.”

I slightly laughed and took a sip of my tea.

“Yeah, ok, fair enough. It is pretty unbelievable. But you’ve seen all my paintings, right? I don’t just dream them up, Jess. I’ve travelled with him for a while when I was 18.”

“For how long?” she questioned.

“About 8 months.”

“Impossible. I never didn’t see you for more than a week! You couldn’t have gone 8 months without me knowing.”

“Time travel. I left the day of my birthday, came back the day of my birthday.”

“I’m sorry, but this is just weird. I need some proof,” she said, refusing to believe me.

I sat there to think of a way to make her believe me. An idea popped into my head and I handed her my necklace I had around my neck. She looked at the bullet in her hands for a moment, not understanding.

“It’s just the stupid thing you never take off,” she said, rolling her eyes and throwing it onto the table.

“That it a bullet from more than 2200 years from now. The first place I went with the Doctor was a military ship on their way to Draculafry…” and I went on and on with the story.

She sat there quietly, listening to the story, nodding her head, but she still didn’t seem to believe me, even what I showed her the scar on my waist of where the bullet had hit me.

“That’s all nice and all, but I don’t really consider that proof. You could have cut yourself,” she said.

“Fine, come with me,” I took her hand and pulled her to my room. She sat down on the bed and I got to my knees to take something from under the bed.

I pulled out a wooden box with a tiny lock on it. I took the key from my drowse and unlocked it. I sat down next to Jess and opened it, revealing a huge green diamond the size of a baseball. Her jaw dropped in awe.

“No way!” she shouted.

I smiled, satisfied by her reaction.

“It’s a diamond from Draculafry. The Doctor gave it to me as a Christmas present last year,” I explained.

“Whoa, he knows how to make a girl happy! Derek only gave me earrings. Damn, babe, you could buy the UK with this!” she said. “Can I touch it?” she asked, timidly.

“You can hold it,” I smiled and took it out of the box and placed it in her hands.

She held it up, examining it in every angle, how it shined in the light.

And that was how I made Jess believe that I travelled in time.

8 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!