XIV - The Wife

• Dedicated to To my Valentine who shall stay nameless to you guys :)

READ

(A/N: You knew a chapter like this was coming ;) Don't forget to vote and comment! I almost didn't post today cause I feel I should have had more votes on the last chapter :( but I love you guys and I had a wonderful Valentines day, so yeah... Hope you like the old Paramore song, I think it fits well for the chapter.)

The Wife

When the magazines started posting about me and the Doctor - they called him that since, well, he looked exactly like my paintings of him, duh - I had an interview, explaining in fake details how the whole thing was fake. That the Doctor and the TARDIS, the fight in the street and the kiss was all a little sketch for publicity, so that was done with and people stopped asking if I was really in love with him after I explained that the Doctor is an old childhood friend that I liked to paint and I called him the Doctor and he agreed to do the sketch with me.

But for the people who managed all that kind of stuff for me - Jess - and the people who knew who the Doctor really is - Sophie and Craig - is was just annoying.

The next day after a magazine came out with me and Doctor on the cover, I got a call from Craig.

"Zera, come on, you can talk to me about it," he insisted after I repeated that I didn't feel like talking to the man who was like a father to me about my love life.

"No, it's weird!"

"You’re being ridiculous!"

"You're friends with the Doctor, you ask him!" I said, getting exasperated and I hung up.

I loved Craig to death, he was truly awesome, but I wasn't talking to him about this. Maybe if it was Sophie, I would have said some stuff, but that's because as a girl, it's easier.

Now when Jess wanted to talk, I couldn't say much because she would have thought I was crazy. I wanted to tell her everything. All the wonderful times I had with him, all the frustration I felt about our oh so complicated lives, but I couldn't. So I said he was a guy I was seeing after school for a few years, but there were always complications. I did admit that I was completely in love with him.

When she asked why we weren't together now, I said he moved away, it wasn't really a lie. He moved the TARDIS somewhere, sometime else, right?

Two months after the little scene on the street, I was sitting with Jess in our living room on our huge comfy couch, eating ice cream - her idea, since well, I was hurting, he kissed me and left (again) and I was troubled with so many confused questions in my mind.

I was in my pjs and so was she. We were watching "The time traveller’s wife" - her choice - and I hated it. It just made me more depressed.

When the girl in the movie announced that she was pregnant from a younger version of the guy, the door bell rang.

I looked over confused at Jess. We had a private address and it was impossible to enter the building without ringing the buzzer down stairs.

"Did you invite anyone over? Gave them a key?" she asked.

"No, did you?" I replied.

"No," she frowned.

The door bell rang again.

Jess got up and left the room to the entrance. From here, I could hear the conversation.

"Hello, may I speak to Zera, please?" I heard the person asked ask.

"I'm sorry, but how did you get in?" Jess asked suspiciously.

"Oh, I have my ways."

"Oh, shit..." I muttered under my breath when I realized who the person was. A huge wave of guilt went through me, making me feel more horrible than I was before.