III - Surprise Passenger

Happy New year, may 2012 be simply awesome! :D

Surprise Passenger

The TARDIS starting shaking for a bit and then the Doctor just simply walked out. I got out of my hiding spot and looked outside. Where were no longer at St-Louis orphanage, but n a street corner.

I saw the Doctor walked down the street and I was fighting on the inside with myself if I should follow him, stay here or tell him I stowaway in his TARDIS now. Oooh, he was going to be pissed...

"Wait, Doctor!" I yelled and ran after him.

My hands were shaking and my heart was pounding in my chest. He turned around, completely shocked to see me there then he grew mad when he realized what I've done.

"You, what that Hell do you think you're doing, stowawaying in my TARDIS?" he yelled, walking up to me.

"I'm sorry... I just can't stay there, Doctor..." I said, feeling the tears forming in my eyes. "I can't be alone..."

"So you think it's smart to just hid yourself in my TARDIS and follow me? Do you have any idea how my life is dangerous? How you being around me is dangerous for you? Do you have any idea?" he shouted angrily.

I looked away, not able to handle his harsh stare. Tears were falling down my pale cheeks and I starting singing my mum's song under my breath.

"Come on, I'm taking you right back!" he said, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards to TARDIS. I let out a complaint from his tight grip.

He practically pushed my into the blue box and slammed the door.

"Are you stupid? Are you mad? You could get yourself killed you know," he shouted at me and I flinched away, thinking of the creature that was pretending to be my father, thinking he was going to hit me.

His expression immediately changed. It went quickly from confusion to surprise to sad.

"Did you think I was going to hit you?" he asked softly.

I stayed quiet as I looked anywhere but at him.

"You do," he sighed. He walked towards the controllers then back to me, then back to the controllers, then back to me. "Yelling at a child? Really? You going mad my friend," he spoke to himself. He looked down at me and sighed again. "Fine, you can come with me see Craig. But then, straight back to the orphanage," he gave in.

I kept quiet in the corner, letting the tears fall as he stared, waiting for me to talk.

"I'm sorry...hum... I forgot to ask you your name! How impolite!" he realized.

"Zera Roberts." I finally spoke.

"Well, Zera Roberts, I apologize. You forget what it's like to be a kid when you're 900 years old."

I looked at him with eyes as big as plates.

"Really? Wow, you're old," I said and after a moment of silence, we both giggled.

I whipped away the tears and the Doctor leaded me to his friend's house.

After a moment, a man with blond hair and a baby strapped to his chest answered the door. He looked at the Doctor and moaned.

"Oh no, what alien stuff is happening this time?" he complained.

"Oh, nothing. This is just a social visit. Hello, Craig! Is Sophie here? I would like to say hello to her as well." he smiled.

"She's gone out of town. Who's the little girl? I bit young to be involved in all your time mumbo jumbo," he said, nodding his head in my direction.

"Yes, she is. This is Zera Roberts, my stowaway," he said and gave me a look.

I gave him a slight apologetic smile.

"Well, now that I have said my hellos, I'll be off," he said and started to walk away, but then the lights in the street started to flicker. He turned around towards Craig. "What was that?" he asked.

"Nothing, the lights just flicker, must be a glitch," he shrugged.

"Hmm..." the Doctor said looking around.

"Wait, I know that look. You're going to think there is something odd and alien going on, but there isn't, ok? Get that idea out of your head!"

"What idea," the Doctor smiled and walked away. "Come on, Zera!" he called and I followed.

As we walked towards the blue box, he seemed to be fighting with himself.

"Don't notice it, just keep going. Don't notice it, just keep going. Don't notice it, just keep going. Ahh!" he shouted, giving in. "Alright!" he said to himself and looked over at me. "Come on, we're going back to Craig's. Have you ever had a sleepover?" he asked and we walked down the street again.

He walked up to the door and knocked. Craig answered, trying to get the baby to stop crying.

"What is it this time?" he asked.

"Well, he's hungry. But if you were talking to me, then the answer is I need you to take care of her," he said and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What? Doctor, I already have my hands full with Alfie, I don't have time to take care of a nine year old," Craig stated.

"I'm ten!" I corrected him.

"Still, I don't have time."

"Oh, come on now. Zera is very nice. Not a brat at all. Give her food and put her to bed and make sure she doesn't run off is all," the Doctor insisted.

"Not a brat? You said she stowaway in your blue box thing."

"Please, do me this one favor, I just want to keep her out of harm's way," he said, giving him pleading eyes.

Craig sighed.

"Fine," he gave in and made way to let me into the hose.

Though I was here to be with the Doctor, I didn't want to risk getting yelled at again so I simply walked in and decided that this guy doesn't seem so bad and that the Doctor would be back soon enough.

"Thank you, old friend," the Doctor smiled and walked away.

"Any time," he answered sarcastically.

He looked over at me wondering what he was suppose to do with me now.

"You, hum, want to watch the tely or something?" he said.

I shrugged and he walked me to the living room and gave me the remote and left to leave me deal with it alone. I turned on the TV and put on some cartoons.

About an hour later, Craig walked back into the room and sat down next to me.

"Finally got him to sleep," he yawned.

"Looks like you could use some sleep too," I commented.

"Yeah and what about you? What's a little girl like you stowawaying in the Doctor's blue box thing? Where are your parents?" he asked.

"They're dead," I simply answered and looked back at the TV.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know," Craig said, feeling a tad uncomfortable.

"It's ok," I slightly smiled to him.

We walked TV for a few hours, but since I had just gotten a few hours of sleep when the Doctor arrived at the orphanage, I found it difficult to fall asleep on the couch. Near midnight, Craig got up and went to bed in his own room.