XII - Beautiful Art

(A/N: Soooo... Yesterday I had one of the best days of my life... But you guys don't care, so just don't forget to comment and vote!!!)

Beautiful Art

I'm not going to go into detail about everything I did in the last 4 years after I saw the Doctor for the last time. But I will give you a short summary.

I still loved him.

I'll probably always will.

I haven't dated anyone new.

I cut my long dark hair to my shoulders and had blue streacks in it.

I lived in an nice big apartment with Jess.

I was famous for my paintings of odd creatures and other world and the man I called the Doctor.

Jess was my agent since her mother was one so she knew how to be a good one.

I was currently at some art gallery opening, mingling with many important people - a lot of them were snobs, but I try to stay kind and lovable to them though all I wanted to say was "get that stick out of your ass."

I was also wearing a TARDIS inspired dress, getting me many weird looks.

"Oh, it's nice to finally meet you, Miss Roberts! You look lovely tonight," Madam Sherwood, an elderly woman that owned an art studio in uptown London. She was also incredibly nice.

"You too, Madam Sherwood," I smiled and gave her a kiss on both cheeks.

"Oh, Charles!" she exclaimed see a man about her age a little farther and she walked away to go talk to him.

I took a sip of Champaign and looked around the room. Many people were admiring the art on the walls, commenting positively or negatively to their friends. Others stood more in the middle of the room to talk about actualities that I didn't care about.

I didn't really like having to go to these events, but Jess and I would always leave a little early to go to a pub or some A list party.

I walked around calmly to the soft music, admiring the paintings myself. Some were quite beautiful. I skipped all my own paintings, since I always felt a little self-conscious about them. 

And then a saw a man, facing his back to me on the other side of the room. He was right in front of my most famous portrait of the Doctor. It was just him starring at you with that silly little grin on his face that I loved so much. But I knew the man standing there, I'd recognize that vest anywhere.

He was here.

I felt a jolt of joy go through my body than realize that I still love him and he didn't love me. How much has it been to him since he last saw me?

I felt a panic attack coming and ran to the girl's bathroom - which isn't easy in these heels.

I stopped in front of the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. I was being ridiculous. Why couldn't I just go out there and casually talk to an old friends? It's been 4 years God dammit! I closed my eyes shut and sang mum's song. After a moment, I was completely relaxed.

Confidently, I walked out of the loo and went straight for the man in the deep blue bow tie. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. When he saw me, a huge smile appeared on his face and he wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back tightly. We stayed like that a while without talking. It just felt right.

"Zera," he said and pulled away to look me in the eye. "I'm so sorry."

"For what?" I asked confused.

"For sneaking out your window that night, of course!" he said as if it was obvious.

"What? But when I last saw you, I had just stopped travelling with you... Oh! I understand! You haven't travelled with me yet! You're younger than the last time I saw you, is that it?" I asked, feeling clever.

"You travel with me? Well, you should have been fun to have around!" he smiled. "What's with the bullet on your necklace," he asked, taking it into his hand to examine it.

"Oh, you'll know one day," I smirked. "Follow me, this place is too crowded," I said and took his hand to pull him outside.

We walked over to a little café not far from the gallery and sat down for some tea.

"So... You're famous now? That's cool," he smiled.

"Only because of you, you made me see things that other people can't ever imagine, you inspired me."

We sat there, smiling at each other. It felt so good to see him again though I knew that second he'd leave I'd fall back into that semi-depression I had after our last goodbyes.

"Why do you stop travelling with me?" he asked suddenly.

I was took off guard by his question and my smile faded. With River, they were always talking about not telling each other spoilers of each other’s futures and now he was asking me to tell him.

"I-I don't like talking about it..." I said, looking down at my hands.

"Well, how long did you travel with me?" he asked.

"Spoilers," I smiled weakly.

"I suppose you met River Song then!" he smiled widely, only making me feel worst.

"Yeah... River. She was nice I guess..." I said, trying to fake a happier smile.

"What's wrong, Zera?" he asked, noticing how upset I was.

"Nothing," I lied.

"You're lying."

"Yes, I am," I replied.

"Why do you leave? Please, I can maybe change it in the future," he insisted.

"You can't change that, Doctor, it's permanent. At least it is to me. It's one thing that you can't change, because the problem is me."

"Zera..." he started.

"No, don't "Zera" me with that calm voice and those pretty green eyes. Please," I snapped, starting to get mad.

"But, I was just trying to comfort you!" he justified himself.

"I can't have you comforting me anymore, because it just reminds me how much I... I... Never mind..." I said and blushed.

"How much you what?" he asked, confused, leaning over the table.

"How much I love you!" I finally snapped, telling him for the first time. "And how I can't have you because you love River. You're married to River! That's why I stopped travelling with you, Doctor. Because you broke my heart. The only one I have."