XXX - Alternative Ending

Here ya go! Sorry that it's a little late, but I'll be honest, it was mostly because of laziness XD

I hope you like it and feel free to choose which ending to believe is the ending, but the other ending is the official one.

Just because there is no other chapter doesn't mean to not vote! :D

Alternative Ending

Jumping out of the TARDIS, he hurried into the hospital. A spark of hope was shining in his eyes. He found Rory in his nurse uniform at the front desk. The Doctor’s friend looked sad and apologetic, but turned confused when he saw the smile on the man with the bowtie’s face. Zera Roberts was dying today.

Rory leaded the Doctor without a word to Zera’s room. He knew he was up to something…

There, Jess, Craig, Sophie and Alfie stood around her bed. Even Jack had showed up, but was mostly there for moral support to the Doctor. Zera herself looked so weak and fragile with her normally pink cheeks a scary shade of white, making her dark TARDIS blue eyes ten times more beautiful. But her eyes also showed a great sadness that was beyond words. Dr James had announced that though she put up a good fight for two years, she would die before midnight tonight at the rate the tumour was growing.

Craig moved aside to let the Doctor next to his mistress. He took her hand in his and she, with the little strength she had, squeezed it as a tear rolled down her pale cheek.

“I don’t want to go…” she said softly.

Though the Doctor was smiling when he first entered, tears were forming in his eyes at the scene of his love slowly fading.

He took out his sonic screwdriver from the pocket of his tweed blazer. He pointed it on her and a buzzing noise echoed in the room as the tip glowed green. No one asked what he was doing, they all naturally trusted the wise man. He put the sonic away and, with just the tip of his fingers, gently brushed a stand of hair that had falling in her face. They gazed into each others for what seemed like an eternity for both of them. The Doctor had decided to tell her, she had spent her life wondering, maybe it was time to let her know.

He leaned down over her and brought his lips right next to her ear, not even a inch away. He said something, so softly, so quietly, it was impossible for anyone to hear but Zera. He pulled away a bit, keeping his face close to hers.

"You have a lovely name..." she said.

He then tenderly pressed his lips against hers to share one last passionate kiss.

"I love you," he said as a tear fell from his green eyes.

"I love you too... I love you all," she said looking at the people around her before bringing her gaze back to him.

She had done her goodbyes to them, she's been reminded them how much she loved them, her real family. Though she kept her parents in her heart.

The corner of her lips curled and the light that had shined in her eyes slowly faded. The machine monitoring her heart flat lined.

As gently as he could, he closed her eyes with the tip of his fingers. He looked down at her peaceful face, then – without a goodbye to the family – left the room. As soon as he was in the hall, he started running. Running as fast as he could, glancing down to the screwdriver that he had took out again every few seconds.

Rory, who had waited outside the room to give the family some privacy, starting running after the Doctor.

“Hey, wait!” he yelled.