XXV - Can't Fix This

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

I'm really sorry for the wait, I was supposed to upload on Sunday, but then, I was busy, Monday too so it's tonight :P

Can't Fix This

A moment later, the actually medical doctor from earlier - I think it was him, I recognized his voice - walked it, looking rather gloomy, not at all lightning my mood.

"I'm sorry, but may I speak to Miss Roberts alone for a moment," he asked and I knew it was going to be bad.

Jess and Craig started making their way to the door, but the Doctor walked to me and took my hand in his once more.

"No," he simply replied.

"Sir, I need to speak to Miss Roberts alone," the Dr insisted.

But the Doctor firmly stood there next to me, not ready to budge.

"Sir-" the Dr started.

"It's ok, I want him to stay. Anything you have to say to me, I want him here," I assured the Dr.

"Very well, then," he nodded and looked down at the papers in his hands.

Craig and Jess left to go out in the hallways and the Doctor looked straight at the Dr, as if he rather look anywhere than look at me. I guess Jess was a bit pissed he got to stay with me and not her, but then again, she never really understood my connection to the Doctor. All she really knew of him was that he was married and I was completely and desperately in love with him.

I sat up in the bed, my head spinning terribly the Doctor placed a hand on my back to comfort me.

Dr James - I read his name tag - approached us.

"I'm terribly sorry to be the barrier of bad news, Miss Roberts. I'm afraid you have a tumour in your left frontal lobe," he announced and I felt my whole life fall down on me, like I was hit by a train. "You are lucky you had the nasty fall so we could spot it sooner. Sadly, it's inoperable. We can treat the symptoms like dizziness, headaches and such, but I say you have about... maybe a year or two to live," he stated as the tears started to roll down my cheeks. "Again, I am terribly sorry," and he walked out after completely destroying my life.

 There was a long moment of silence as my brain grasped what had just been said to me.

I'm not sure how to describe how I felt at that moment. It was so much stronger and intense than any other feeling I had in my life. It was more than sadness, more than anger, more than despair. I burst into tears and sobbed louder than I ever sobbed before. I was scared... So scared...

The Doctor held my hand tightly and sat down on the bed. He looked broken and so so apologetic. I covered my face with my hands as I felt my heart break into tiny little pieces... I was going to die... I was going to die before I even turn 30... It was so unfair...

I clutched onto the Doctor's shirt and pulled him near me. I wrapped my arms around him and he did the same as I cried on to his chest. I could have sworn that I saw him crying too when I looked up.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Craig and Jess didn't really take the news well either. Not that I was expecting them to. The Doctor was the one to tell them since I couldn't stop crying long enough to say something. Jess broke down in tears and ran up to me, tossing the Doctor aside and holding me tight in her arms. Craig stayed frozen in place with a shocked, worried look on his face.