XIII - The Fire

• Dedicated to To a very speciel new friend of mine ;)

(A/N: You know how I told you I had the best day ever in the last chapter? Screw that, Friday was even better! :P)

The Fire

We sat there in silence, him staring at me and I looked away, tears rolling down my cheeks, feeling like a complete idiot for what I said. I wiped the tears with my hand and leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest while he just sat there, dumbfounded.

"Never mind..." I sighed and stood up to leave.

"Wait, Zera. I'm sorry, I just don't really know what to say to that... Huh, that's a first," he slightly laughed.

"Bye, Doctor, have a nice trip to wherever you're going next," I said, a little coldly and walked out of the café.

He ran out after me and grabbed my arm, making me face him.

"Zera, please don't be mad at me, you know you're special to me," he said, looked quite sad.

"I'll never be as important as River Song, Doctor. I'll never be the one you love. Sometimes... Sometimes I think my life would be simpler, so much simpler if I never met you. If I never fell in love with you! Every time a man, a nice, charming, kind man walks into my life, I know I could never love him, because no matter what, you are always in the back of my mind, Doctor! Always! I can't even lose my fucking virginity, because I'm not attracted to other man, but you!" I yelled at him.

I felt bad for what I was saying, I knew it wasn't the Doctor's fault and I was quite embarrassed about that last thing, but my blood was just boiling that I wasn't thinking of what I was saying before I said it. I instantly backed away and blushed bring red.

"Oh, God, I didn't really say that..." I said, covering my face with my hands.

"Zera..." he said oh so softly, walking up to me and gently removing my hands from my face. "I'm so sorry I did this to you..."

"No you're not. You must have woman falling over you all the time, one after the other for 900 years! How many hearts have you broken, Doctor? How many girls have you left behind, sad and lonely? But none of those girls were good enough for you. I'm not good enough for you. River is perfect for you, clever, brave and beautiful. Better than any other girl, including me. And I don't think you are sorry for that! And you know what? You shouldn't be sorry for loving someone just because it isn't me, so stop apologizing all the time!" I shouted, starting to attract the attention of the people walking on the street around us.

He looked at me and sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair. I walked back over to the art gallery. On the steps of the building, he grabbed my arm again, pulling me to him. I thought he was going to explain himself again, apologize for apologizing so much, but no. He cupped my face into his hands and crashed his lips onto mine.

I was completely took my surprise. I should have pushed him away, save myself the heart ache, but no. I wrapped my arms around him and deepened the kiss. The stupid paparazzi started to gather around us, taking pictures, but I didn't care.

Maybe the kiss lasted a few seconds, maybe an hour, I completely lost track of time. He finally removed his lips from mine and smiled.

"You're right, I shouldn't have to apologize about who I love," he said softly.

Then brutally, he let go of my face and turned around and went down the steps.

"Goodbye! Till next time, darling," he said without even looking back.

This guy was completely unpredictable! It made me so mad some times. One second, he's kissing me, the next, he's just walking off.

"Wait, Doctor! You can't just leave like that!" I yelled, chasing after him.

He walked into an alley where that beautiful blue box was parked.

"Yes, I can," he smirked and walked into the TARDIS.

"But-but..." I stuttered.

"Oh, you know I never stay put for long, you of all people should know that."

"Will I ever see you again?" I asked.

"Maybe, I never really know where like takes me. I just stopped my here, because I had a thing a few streets from here."

"So this might be goodbye for good?"

"I doubt it though. Au revoire, yeuz bleu," he winked and closed the TARDIS door.

I stayed there, completely confused and shocked and happy and sad. All sorts of emotions were going through my body.

The paparazzi followed me into the alley. I had no choice to leave before the Doctor made the TARDIS go, or else they were going to witness it disappearing out of thin air.

I walked back across the street to the gallery and rejoined the party, pretending nothing had happened.

-----

In case you have absolutly no knowledge about the French language, "au revoire, yeux bleu" means "goodbye, blue eyes" :)