Chapter Seventeen- "I Know We Will..."

Chapter Seventeen

"i Know We Will..."

Two Months Later.

Sophia’s Point Of View

             It’s been two months since I’ve seen or spoken to Justin and I’ve never been more miserable. It didn’t matter whether I was working or going to college because all I did was cry. When I wasn’t working or in class I tried to fake a smile while watching a movie with Carina. I haven’t been the same; I don’t think I ever will be. I decided that I wanted to go to college for Journalism because there were a lot of jobs available with that degree. To be honest I couldn’t even focus on where I wanted to go in life though because all I wanted was Justin.

            Carina and Ben were going stronger than ever. I was so jealous of her relationship. I could see the look of pain on her face every time she left for a date. She knew how upset I was but there was nothing she could do to help me. She couldn’t believe I had ended things with Justin and she thought it was a mistake. She was right.

            I couldn’t get Justin’s smile out of my head or his laugh. When I was having a worse day than others I would re-play the voicemail, wanting more than anything to hear his voice. I’ve never been more depressed. I wish I could cry but I couldn’t cry anymore.

            I’ve been reading the newspapers and magazines and to see Justin in so much pain killed me. He’d been doing some pretty bad things like parting and drinking. He even smoked weed. He seemed to be having a pretty rough time himself but I couldn’t blame him. He recently released the acoustic version of his album Believe that I couldn’t listen to without bawling my eyes out. ‘Nothing Like Us’ was a newly added track solely written by Justin and I knew it was about us. I couldn’t control myself when I first heard it. I could hear the pain in his voice and it killed me. I was so close to calling him, so close to going back, but then I remembered the terrible mistake I made and I cried and cried not knowing what to do. I knew how much I meant to him. I just wish he knew how much he actually meant to me.

            “Sophia!”

            I heard Carina slam the door and run rapidly up the stairs.

            “Sophia, look!” She practically jumped on top of my bed, throwing a magazine in my face.

            I scanned it over to read the headline. ‘Justin Bieber’s Believe Tour Starts It’s Second Leg In The US Tomorrow Night.” Why was she showing me this? As if it wasn’t already hurting enough.

            “So what? Is this supposed to mean something?” I said irritatingly. I didn’t mean to sound rude but I didn’t get why she was rubbing this in my face.

            “It’s in New York City! It’s a half hour away. This is your opportunity Soph, you need to get him back. Do you see how upset you are and do you see how upset he is? Obviously you both miss each other. You’d be crazy not to at least try to get him back. Yes, you’ll have to tell him what happened with Jace, but what’s the worst thing that could happen? He tells you he doesn’t want to be with you? It’ll hurt like hell but it couldn’t be much worse than what you’re feeling now. You don’t ever want to grow up and say ‘what if’.” She flipped her long black hair over her shoulder as her blue eyes pierced into mine, waiting for an answer.

            “Carina, I don’t want to embarrass myself if he doesn’t want to see me. He hasn’t tried calling me or anything so what if he’s just over it?” I couldn’t help but feel my heart pick up speed at the thought of going to see Justin tomorrow. Would he be happy to see me? Would he want me back?