Chapter Twenty One- "I Never Thought I'd Find Him..."

Chapter Twenty One

"I Never Thought I'd Find Him..."

Sophia’s Point Of View

          “Justin hold still.”

            I slowly dabbed the inside of his cheek and checked to make sure it looked better. He groaned and moved away from my hand, forcing me to give up.

            “Okay well things look better. It’s not bleeding anymore so I think you’ll be fine.”

            I collected the bloody gauze and went into the bathroom to throw it away. Before I walked back out into the bedroom Justin’s phone started to ring. Pausing in the doorway, I heard him stand up and reach into the pocket of his jeans on the floor. I didn’t want to bother him when he was on the phone so I just remained where I was and tried to listen.

            “Scooter? Hey, what’s up?”
            I’ve never met Scooter before, but I’ve always wanted to meet him. He’s had such an influence on Justin’s life so it would be an honor to even have the chance to talk to him.

            “That’s none of your concern.” I heard Justin’s tone of voice get bitter.

            What were they talking about?

            “She didn’t do anything, it was me. You weren’t even there so you don’t know what happened. Stop trying to act like you do.”

            I froze, piecing together what was happening. Scooter found out about the fight last night and he’s getting in trouble for it. Why did I do this to him?

            “Yeah you’ve lost your fucking mind.” He spat. “She’s the only thing that makes me happy. If you think even for a second-“ he paused and I heard his footsteps go out into the hallway and he closed the door behind him.

            Oh no, what have I done?

            Exiting the bathroom, I walked back into the bedroom to try and listen more.

            “Exactly. I know. Yeah, I’m going to.”

            I heard him say goodbye and make his way back into the room.

            “What was that about?” I tried not to sound hurt but I knew they were discussing what happened last night and I couldn’t be more embarrassed.

            “Scooter’s just frustrated about what’s going on…” He trailed off, not knowing what to say.

            “Is he mad at me?” I looked down at the floor and played with one of my curls.

            “No. Well, he kind of was at first but he didn’t understand what happened. I told him everything and he was fine.”
            “Oh, okay. Well did he say anything else?” I asked quietly.

            “Um, yeah. That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.”

            I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I couldn’t find anything to say because I didn’t want this to be happening again. I knew everything was too much for him to handle. I knew this couldn’t work.

            “Sophia.” He chuckled and grabbed my hands. “It’s not what you think. Don’t get that look on your face.”

            He sat me down on the bed and brushed his fingers across my cheek. “I just wanted to ask you something. If you aren’t comfortable with it then I completely understand and we’ll find a way to make it work but-“