Chapter Thirty Four- "Pinky Promise..."

Chapter Thirty Four

"Pinky Promise..."

Justin’s Point Of View

             It was finally Sophia’s last week in the hospital and I was counting down the seconds until we could go back home so we could just be alone for five minutes without a nurse or a doctor coming in to check on her. Sophia was still in a lot of pain but thankfully she felt better than last week so they took her off of the medication she was previously on.

            “Good morning Sophia.” Dr. Clark clicked his pen back and turned his attention to her monitors. “How are you feeling today?”

            She smiled and sat up in her bed, twirling her fingers around the locket I gave her. “I’m actually feeling better than I ever have before.”

            I was so grateful that Sophia was still with me and that nothing severe happened to her. Her head injury looked a lot worse than what it felt like she said but I’m pretty sure she was lying just so she could go home with me.

            “That’s great.” He nodded, looking her over. “If things keep going as planned you should be able to go home in three days. But just because you’re home doesn’t mean you can do what you usually do. You’re still going to be on bed rest for another two weeks. Do I make myself clear?”

            He turned his gaze towards me and I could tell his piece of advice was meant more for me than for her. I didn’t like the way he was talking to me. It was as if he thought I wouldn’t take care of her or something. As if I hadn’t been here for the past three weeks almost.

            “I’ll make sure to take care of her.” I replied bitterly. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

            He clicked his pen back again and turned for the door, pausing to give me a look of sympathy. “Can I talk to you outside for a second Mr. Bieber?”

            “What is it?” Sophia spoke up from her bed. “Why does he have to go outside?”

            I put my hand up, signaling for her to stop talking, and quickly walked out of the room hearing Dr. Clark follow close behind.

            Shutting the door quietly behind him, He began to scribble onto his clipboard before looking at me with his piercing blue eyes.

            “Mr. Bieber this medical bill might be more than what you expected.” He shook his head, flipping through paper after paper. “She’s had a lot of scans and a lot of tests done. That’s not even including the hospitalization fee.”
            “I don’t care.” I spat, cutting him off. I was still bitter towards him after his indirected speech to me earlier. “Whatever the price is it’ll be fine.”

            “Justin it’s twenty thousand dollars.” He whispered quietly.

            Seriously? I almost laughed in his face. Does he honestly understand how much money I make? That was actually cheaper than what I thought it was going to be.

            “That’s fine.” I smiled and took out my wallet. “Do you need me to pay now?”

            His eyes became alive with humor as he looked back down at my wallet. It was almost like he didn’t even know who I was.

            “No, that’s not necessary. The payment can be made after she’s discharged. Are you sure about this?”

            “I’m positive.” I replied chuckling. “It’s all good.”