Chapter Forty- "The Perfect Moment..."

Chapter Forty

"The Perfect Moment..."

 Sophia’s Point Of View

            “Hey babe!”

            I heard Carina’s voice ring through my ears as I slipped into the passenger side of her jeep. She was wearing the shortest pair of shorts I have ever seen with a tube top on. I didn’t blame her for wearing practically nothing though because it was hotter than hell outside.

            Slimming out my white sundress, I flipped my shades over my eyes and put my seatbelt on to prepare for the drive ahead of us. I was starving and I honestly couldn’t wait to get to the restaurant so we could eat.

            “Hey!” I replied with a warm smile.

            I’m feeling the best I’ve ever felt today. I mean how could I not? As soon as I woke up I had the best morning sex I’ve ever had. Justin was in the strangest mood today. He’s been so happy lately but I just didn’t understand why. Not that I’m complaining but it was just weird.

            “How are you feeling?” She questioned, leaning over to turn on the air.

            “I’m great actually. I’ve never felt better.”

            Justin has been treating me so good lately. He’s taken care of me after everything I’ve been through and I couldn’t be more grateful for him. I still don’t know how he has the least bit of interest in me because he deserves so much better.

            “That’s great.” She giggled to herself and focused her attention back on the road. “I’m sure you’ll be feeling amazing by the end of the night.”

            “What do you mean?” I spoke up and pushed my fingers through my hair.

            She froze with her hands on the steering wheel and I watched her fingers tap rapidly against it. I had no clue why everyone was acting so weird but they needed to stop because it was freaking me out.

            “Nothing.” She said quickly before turning on the radio. “It’s just you and Justin are like rabbits so if you’re feeling better you must be getting it in a lot.”

            I smirked and looked at the palm trees out the window as we drove past them. Justin and I have been having the best sex lately and I couldn’t be happier. I just think we’re in a really good place right now. Not a lot of drama has occurred and things are finally starting to calm down.

            “That’s for sure.” I laughed and glanced over to her. “Where are we going to eat anyways?”

            “Is Olive Garden okay?” She put on her signal to get into the left lane and merged over. “I know we both like Italian food so I just figured that’d be good for both of us.”

            My stomach rumbled just at the thought of eating. I was so hungry.

            “Yeah, that sounds amazing actually.” I agreed.

            Carina grabbed her water from the cup holder at a stoplight and sighed once the cool liquid went down her throat. I think it was about ninety-five degrees outside and we aren’t used to this kind of weather since we’re from New York. It may get hot sometimes in New York, but never like this.