Chapter Twenty Eight- "Darkness..."

"Darkness..."

Sophia’s Point Of View

             Placing the angel hair spaghetti into the boiling water on the stove, I heard the door close and smiled to myself knowing Justin was home.

            He’s been so busy lately, I feel like I never see him anymore. He’s constantly been at the studio, which I didn’t mind, but I just missed him.

            Rounding the corner, a cheesy grin appeared on his face as he made his way over to me. I live for these moments.

            “Hi.” He murmured, bringing his lips close to my ear.

            “Hi.” I mimicked in response.

            “Are you cooking babe?” He looked around the room and answered his own question when he saw all of the ingredients laid out on the counter. “Is there anything you can’t do?”

            I rolled my eyes and set the timer for the spaghetti.

            “There’s a lot that I can’t do.”

            “Doubt it.” He chuckled, taking off his jacket.

            Ignoring him, I decided to change the subject. “How was your day?”

            “It was great actually. I got another song done.”
            “Can I hear it?”
            As soon as I said it I immediately knew the answer. Justin didn’t like me to hear anything until the whole album was finished which I thought was completely unfair. I was always curious as to what he was writing about and I couldn’t wait to hear everything. I just wish he’d show me now.

            “Babe, not until it’s finished.” He groaned.

            “Whateva.” I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him.

            Pouring the sauce into another pot for it to cool, I placed the used one in the sink and ran water into it. I decided to make dinner tonight because to be honest I had nothing better to do. I’ve been so bored.

            It’s been two weeks since the whole fan situation but Justin and I both agreed it’d be best to lay low so that the rumors would die down. I heard the timer go off for the spaghetti letting me know that eight minutes were up, and quickly poured the water and spaghetti into the strainer.

            “You look sexy cooking.” He stated, staring at me from the counter.

            “Okay Justin.” I laughed and shook my head. He was crazy.

            Putting the spaghetti back into the pot, I grabbed two bowls and walked over to hand one to him.

            “It’s ready.”

            “Okay baby.

            The way he said baby made my heart falter for a few seconds. I knew he was doing it on purpose. He always wanted sex when he came home from work. I had no idea why but that’s always what happened.

            Fixing our bowls, I sat across from him and took hardly any time before digging in. I was nervous that he wouldn’t like it. The sauce I made was a homemade recipe that I found in my mom’s cookbook before they took it away.