Chapter Thirteen- "Watch It Fall..."

Chapter Thirteen

 "Watch It Fall..."

Sophia’s Point Of View

            I stepped out of the SUV in front of my apartment, my brown boots hitting the ice. I was so pissed to be back. I couldn’t believe that I had to leave that incredible place to come back here all because I had to work at a shitty diner, unbelievable. I watched Justin walk around to the back of the car to grab our suitcases. He was such a gentlemen.

            Walking over to grab my suitcase from his hand, I noticed a black jeep sitting in our driveway.

            “Justin oh my god Carina’s back from France, I totally forgot!” I practically jumped on top of him and ran up the steps to the front door. I knocked too quickly, eager to see her face. I missed her so much. I had so much to tell her.

            The door slowly opened and I saw Carina holding a magazine, her arms folded over her chest as her long black hair cascaded down her shoulder.

            “Sophia Elena Castro you have some explaining to do.” She flipped the magazine around to reveal Justin and I kissing at the awards ceremony yesterday night. Oh shit.

            “I know I should have told you Carina but I just wanted to wait until you got back to tell you in person. This was like a huge moment in my life and it didn’t seem like something I could tell you about over the phone.” I eyed her warily, unsure of what her reaction would be. Carina was the type of girl that could hide her emotions so well. It was like you never knew what she was thinking.

            “Sophia, it’s fine. Are you kidding me? I’m so happy for-‘ her voice cut off once she saw Justin walk up the steps and hold his hand out to her.

            “Hi, it’s nice to meet you. I’m Justin.” He flashed her a dazzling smile and put his arm around me, making my face turn a million shades of red.

            I’ve never seen Carina speechless but I guess there’s a first for everything. She looked in shock as she looked Justin up and down, not saying anything.

            “U-Um hi, I’m Carina. I know who you are!” She started laughing and tried to fix her hair. Carina had no reason to be self-conscious because she was stunning. She opened the door wider, allowing the both of us in, and slowly shut it behind her.

            “So Sophia… how did this even happen?” Her blue eyes were sparkling with excitement. I couldn’t help but laugh because I missed her so much.

            “Well we met at the meet and greet and um, I don’t really know how the rest happened. It kind of just happened.” I felt myself blush as I brought my eyes down to my boots. I didn’t feel like telling her every single detail while Justin was standing beside me, it was so awkward.

            “What do you mean it kind of just happened?” her eyebrow arched up, giving Justin and I a sly smile. She knew me too well.

            Justin chuckled and looked around the house to try and find something else to talk about. He was getting embarrassed too. I could tell.

            “Okay fine I won’t ask anymore questions… until later Sophia.” She winked and walked into the kitchen. “I really want us all to go on a double date tonight though. I saw the magazine in France and I’ve been thinking a lot about it. So whaddya say?” She glanced around the corner of the kitchen, looking eagerly at Justin and I.