Chapter Twenty Three- "Am I Hurting You?"

"Am I Hurting You?"

Sophia’s Point Of View

             Pulling into the garage, I quickly pressed the button to close the door and ran into the house to search for Justin.

            “Baby?”

            I turned around to find him make his way towards me through the corridor. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to see him in my entire life.

            “Justin oh my god.” I ran into his arms and pulled him close to me.

            “Don’t worry, it’s okay now. You’re not going to go out by yourself again for a while, alright?”

            I nodded and breathed a sigh of relief as I looked around the house. This place seemed like the only relaxing part about LA.

            “What about the groceries though?”

            “Like I said before,” He ran his fingers along my jawline. “I just called someone and they’re shopping right now as we speak.”

            “Okay.”

            Before I could say anything more, Justin’s phone started to ring. I watched him slip it out of his back pocket and bring it close to his ear.

            “Oh hey, sup man?”

            He scratched the back of his head and glanced curiously at me.

            “Um, I don’t know if she’d want to but I’ll talk to her and let you know.”

            I felt my body stiffen, wondering who could possibly be on the phone. Justin hung it up and placed it on the countertop before turning his attention back towards me.

            “That was my friend Lil Twist. I don’t know if you’ve heard of him. But he’s uh, having a party tonight and invited you and I. We don’t have to go if you don’t want to.”

            I’ve heard of Lil Twist but I’ve never met him before. I really wanted to go because I wanted to get to know Justin’s friends. The only one I’ve met so far is Fredo. It just seemed like the right thing to do since he’s met Carina.

            “No, I’d love to go.” I replied. “I want to meet your friends.”

            His face broke out into a huge smile and he picked his phone back up.

            “Awesome, I’ll text him.”

            “What time is this party at?” I glanced over at the clock that read 7:03 pm.

            “Soon. It starts at eight.”

            “Okay. I’m gonna go get ready then.”

            I headed for the corridor and made my way up the staircase to Justin’s room. I hope I have something appropriate for tonight. I know Lil Twist well enough to know this party was going to be different than what I’m used to.

            Unzipping my suitcase, I tried to sort through random pieces of clothing to try and put something together. A piece of black fabric caught my eye at the bottom and I pulled it out to unfold it.