Chapter Nineteen- "I'll Protect You..."

Chapter Nineteen

 "I'll Protect You..."

Sophia’s Point Of View

             I felt a pair of hands brush my face before they ran up to my hair and massaged my scalp. I blinked my eyes open to see Justin staring down at me as his fingertips moved in circles throughout my hair. My body was sprawled over him. My legs were intertwined with his and my arms were wrapped around him. It felt so good to finally have him back here with me. I missed waking up to his face.

            “Hi.” He murmured, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

            “Hi.” I smiled and wrapped my arms tighter around him.

            He moved his foot up and down my leg, making a shiver run up and down my spine. I don’t think he had the slightest clue of the effect he had on me.

            “What do you want to do today?” I tried to ignore the dirty thoughts running through my mind.

            “I just want to be with you. I haven’t seen you in so long.”

            I felt my stomach erupt into butterflies at the thought of spending a whole day here with him.

            “Okay.”

            He rolled on top of me, propping himself up on his elbows, careful not to smother me. I watched him scan my face over and immediately saw his eyes darken. Knowing where this was headed, I cupped his face in my hands.

            “We can’t right now.”

            His lips turned up into a sly smile as he ran his fingers down my leg. “Why not?”

            “Because Carina’s here and I’m still tired out from yesterday.”
            What I said wasn’t a lie. Justin and I haven’t slept together in five months now and to keep up with him during sex was a workout in itself.

            “If Carina could sleep with all of the noise last night I’m sure she could ignore us for a couple more minutes…” He leaned down to nip at my earlobe.

            “Justin!” I giggled and covered my face with my hands. He knew I got embarrassed whenever we talked about this.

            “Okay fine, you got it.” He rolled off of the bed and headed towards his suitcase. “I really missed your laugh.”

            I was about to say something but stopped once I saw him sigh and look down at the ground. I didn’t know what he was looking at until I followed his gaze to the broken picture frames and the broken plaster. He kneeled down to collect the broken glass and frames and placed them in the garbage. I could just see how hurt he was about how he reacted last night.

            “Justin don’t worry about it. Seriously, it’s fine.”

            He nodded, not wanting to talk about it, and I watched him slip on a pair of briefs and a pair of black pants before reaching into another section of the suitcase and slipping on another Versace t-shirt. I couldn’t help but wonder where this new fashion sense came from because he never used to dress like that.

            “When did you start dressing like that?”

            He glanced in the mirror at himself and then turned to look at me.