Chapter Twenty Six- "Found You..."

Chapter Twenty Six

"Found You..." 

 Sophia’s Point Of View

            It’s been two weeks since my birthday and I don’t think I’ve ever been so bored in my entire life. Justin was at the recording studio doing some finishing touches to a song for his new album and I was stuck in the house flipping through what seemed like endless amount of TV channels. Justin promised we’d do something once we got back but he’s been gone for almost five hours.

            Clicking the power button on the TV, I looked up at the ceiling fan to try and think of what to do. I couldn’t leave because I was terrified of the paparazzi. I still didn’t know how to handle them.

            Picking up my phone, I dialed Carina’s number, praying to god she’d pick up.

            “Hello?” Her voice sunk through the speaker, making me tear up.

            “Carina. Thank god you picked up.”

            “What’s wrong? Is everything okay?”

            It amazed me how she could tell something was up just by the sound of my voice.

            “Yeah, I think. Well I don’t know.”

            “Tell me Soph. You know you can tell me anything.”
             I shakily cleared my throat, trying not to cry.

            “This whole situation is just so frustrating Carina. I can’t go anywhere or do anything without somebody taking my picture or saying something negative about Justin. I mean, I knew what I was getting myself into when I said yes to dating him, but I just never thought it’d get this severe. I’m trying so hard. I really am…” My voice trailed off.

            I heard silence on the other end, neither of us saying anything. I started to think we lost connection until I heard her clear her throat.

            “Do you want to come home?”

            The tears I was holding back slowly fell under my eyelids and onto my cheeks knowing what my answer was. There was no way in hell I could ever leave Justin. As much pain this lifestyle of his brought me, I would never leave his side.

            “As amazing as that sounds right now, I can’t.” I sighed and continued. “I love him more than anything Carina, I really do. There’s no way I could leave him because I would miss him too much.”
            Fumbling with the end of Justin’s t-shirt around my body, I smiled picturing his face. I was already missing him and it’d only been five hours. How could I survive if I left him the whole rest of the summer?

            “I expected you to say that.” She giggled through the speakers. “I know you do Soph, I know. But just out of curiosity, why did you kiss Fredo at your party?”

            My whole body froze, trying to block out the horrible memories from two weeks ago.

            “How did you find out about that? Did Justin tell you?”
            “No, I saw it in a magazine earlier.”

            The paparazzi were there? The anger coursed through my veins as tears pricked into my eyes. I can’t believe they saw the whole thing go down and didn’t do anything. Wasn’t it obvious that the feeling wasn’t mutual?