Chapter Thirty Five- "Home..."

Chapter Thirty Five

"Home..."

Justin’s Point Of View

           “Oh my god.” Sophia whispered as I planted kisses down her neck.

            “You. Get. To. Come. Home. Today.” I said between kisses.

            Sophia had finally been cleared to get discharged today and we couldn’t be happier. I couldn’t wait to get back home and for everything to just go back to normal. It was one of the best feelings in the world.

            “I know.” She breathed heavily, looking me over. “It’s about time.”

            Stepping away from her bed, I went over to the tiny closet and removed my backpack, trying to stuff the rest of my clothes in it. Over the past couple of weeks I’ve collected a numerous amount of clothing.

            “What time are you getting released?” I asked excitedly.

            “Dr. Clark said around three.” She replied.

            Reaching on the top self of the little closet, I grabbed the Barbie doll that Isabelle had given me and turned to look back at Sophia.

            “Would you mind if I went to go visit Isabelle? It’s only two so I should be back in time.”

            It’s been two days since I’ve visited Isabelle and I had finished the braid on the doll after Sophia taught me how to. It took a couple of tries on Sophia’s hair for me to get it but eventually I got it down.

            “Of course baby.” She smiled shyly. “I want you to go.”

            Walking back over to her, I planted a kiss on her lips and brushed the hair away from her face. “I love you so much.”
            I grinned when I saw the familiar rose color hit her cheeks.

            “I love you too.”

-------- 

            Fumbling with the braid on the doll, I tired to make it look as presentable as I could. As stupid as it sounded, I wanted Isabelle to think I did a good job.

            I got off of the elevator on the ninth floor and found my way to the unit, pressing on the button to be let in.

            I brushed past nurses and doctors and took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I waited to hear an answer but there wasn’t one so I knocked again.

            Getting the same result, I pushed the door open only to find that nobody was in the room. Damn. I must have come when she went to chemo.

            Exiting the room, I walked back to the entryway of the unit and went up to the reception desk.

            “Excuse me.” I said, getting her attention. “Can you tell me where I could find a patient named Isabelle? I went to her room but I think she might be in chemotherapy.”

            “You said her name was Isabelle?” The receptionist tried to remain calm but I could tell she was nervous because I was the one she was talking to. Her hazel eyes scanned the computer screen.

            “Yes.” I replied, holding the doll in my hands.

            Her fingers moved rapidly on the keyboard and her whole body froze once it popped up on the screen. I saw her glance up at me before re-typing it again as if she were double checking what she saw.