Chapter Sixteen- "What The Hell Have I Done... "

Chapter Sixteen

 "What The Hell Have I Done..."

Justin’s Point Of View

           It’s been three days. Why hasn’t she called?

            I rinsed my plate off and put it in the dishwasher before once again checking my phone. Still no calls. I ran my fingers through my hair and made my way out the back door to sit on the green grass that overlooked LA. I felt so far away from her. I felt so lonely. I’ve just lost everything and there was nothing I could do about it. Fuck.

            “Justin?”

            I whirled my head around to find my mom making her way over to me through the grass. I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to see her in my entire life. I needed stability right now, I needed her. She sat down on the grass, crossing her legs next to me, and put her arm around my shoulder. It’s like she always knew when I was having a hard time.

            “Hi mom. What made you come over?” I glanced down to see a magazine in her hands.

            “Justin I wasn’t really sure what to think when I saw this, but I haven’t spoken to you recently and I just couldn’t believe it so I wanted to speak to you in person about it.” She flipped it over, revealing Tiffany and I on the cover. It was of her kissing me on the cheek and I had my arm wrapped around her. Shit.

            “No no no no.” I groaned and put my face in my hands. Was that why Sophia hasn’t called? She probably saw the magazine and thought we were together or something. Why can’t one thing just go right?

            “Mom none of this is true. I called Tiffany to sort everything out. It’s all over with. She’s not threatening me anymore, she’s not going to interfere anymore, and it’s over. But she ruined everything with Sophia. She told her all of these lies…” I shook my head. “She hates me.”

            “Justin.” She ran her fingers through my hair. “I know you better than anyone, and the one thing you do best is go after what you want. Sophia is an incredible girl and I can tell you she’s not one you want to lose-“

            “Mom,” I cut her off. “I’m in love with her.”

            It felt so good to get if off my chest to someone important to me. I could finally say what I felt.

            “I know. I could tell that night at dinner. Like I said before, she’s not one you want to lose. If you really feel this way about her, and if this is the girl you want to be with, don’t let anyone or anything stand in your way. Go get her.”

            I let what she was saying sink in. “But how do I do that when she won’t talk to me?”

            “There is such a thing called a voicemail you know. If she won’t listen to you in person, she’ll listen to a voicemail if she really cares about you.”

            I’ve thought about leaving a voicemail but I didn’t want to annoy her. But if I wanted any chance at being with her again it was my only option it seemed like.

            “Thanks mom. I don’t know how, but you always know what to say. I’m gonna call her later tonight.”

            “Anytime.” She smiled. “You know I’m always here for you.”