Chapter 20 (edited)

There were three weeks left of school. Andrew and Jason now got along nicely. The transition was difficult. Andrew couldn’t drink animal blood for some reason, so we give him blood bags from the bank. Greg was furious when he first found out about Andrew. Greg calls me like every week for an update. Greg secretly wants to know everything about Andrew. He always wants progress a report knowing how hard the whole blood things is for Andrew. Andrew would starve himself sometimes. If Vampires had eating disorders, Andrew had one.

            He still went to school after he became a Vampire; we just had to monitor him a lot in the beginning. He goes to a public school, and he refused not to finish his senior year because his mother wouldn’t let him and he wanted to graduate. Andrew had six weeks of school left, he was extremely jealous that I got out three weeks earlier than he did. Vlad never visited since Andrew came. Jason says he hasn’t had contact with Vlad either. Jason stepped up and really became a parent figure. Luke became a great help to Andrew, and they get along well. Luke always can get Andrew to drink when Andrew starts starving himself.

            Eric and Tim seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth with Vlad. When Andrew came into our lives the mystery was put on pause since Andrew needed help. I knew that if my parents were watching over me they would be proud of me taking time to help Andrew with this change. It would be the first thing they could be proud of me for.

            Andrew and I became extremely close. He told me he has been bullied since freshman year because of the way he looks and dresses. He told me he wanted to visit my school to see how the other half live. I told him that if he was bullied at his school that he would be torn apart at mine, but he said he didn’t mind it anymore. Andrew’s mother calls every week making sure he is okay.

            Today was the day Andrew was going to pick me up from school to see what it’s like. I headed outside and saw the limo and Andrew stepped out and people were shocked to see someone like him step out of a limo. I had a free period and showed him around.            I showed him the Café where all the artsy kids hung out, and where I hung out. It was a side room to the cafeteria for juniors and seniors only.

“This place is fancy,” Andrew said.

“I know, crazy right?” I said.

“Hey Luke,” Andrew greeted as Luke walked through the door.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Luke asked.

“Just visiting,” Andrew smiled.

“Well, we should get going, I want to get a head start on my finals,” I said.

“No one wants to get a head start on finals,” Luke said laughing.

“Shut up! I need to make up for my not so great first semester grades,” I said blushing.           

            It was a Friday and the first thing I did when I got home was starting my photo final. By four thirty I was ninety percent done and moved on to my English essay. It was seven thirty when Andrew came up with a tray of food.

“Jason was worried you weren’t going to eat if I didn’t bring something up,” Andrew smiled.

“Thanks,” I said and took a bite and continued typing.

“I’ve never seen someone work so hard, take a break,” Andrew joked.

“Vlad taught me discipline. I will take a break when my first draft of my English essay is done,” I promised.