Chapter 7 (edited)

I had convinced Vlad to go on a road trip this weekend, but we only got half way before Vlad got food poisoning from some cheap restaurant we stopped at. I just hoped that Vince had enough time to find some information. When we arrived back at the house, I helped Vlad up to his bed, where he cursed and fumed and ran to the toilet every half hour.

            I called Vince to see if he wanted to meet and let me know what he found. Vince replied almost instantaneously, saying he was in the back yard on my side of the house, so Vlad had no way of seeing him. Going outside Vince and I sat down on this huge rock.

“So take a look at this,” Vince said pulling out a picture of a woman with brown wavy hair and brown eyes. On the bottom of the photo was written ‘Jeannette’. Vince handed me a piece of paper saying that she lived in France and died at the age of twenty- eight.

“So what’s the connection?” I asked.

“How would I know?” Vince scoffed.

“Sorry. Okay, I will see what I can come up with and let you know if I come up with any ideas,” I said before we parted ways.

            Coming back in the house, Vlad was on the couch downstairs watching TV. The phone rang and I told him I’d get it.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey, it’s Luke.”

“What’s up?” I asked.

“What are you doing right now?” Luke asked.

“Nothing, but Vince found something, but can’t talk about it here,” I whispered.

“I told my parents I reconnected with you. They were wondering if you wanted to come over,” Luke said.

“Really? I don’t know. I am not sure I am ready,” I admitted.

“Well, we are here when you’re ready,” Luke said before we ended the conversation.

            That evening I thought about Jeannette and what the possible connection could be. Of course I couldn’t come up with anything, I was also thinking about Luke and his family. What if I went to Luke’s and maybe something of theirs jogged my memory. Maybe I should have gone…

            Monday morning came, and I got ready twice as fast as normal because I wanted to get to school early to talk to Luke. When arriving, I threw my things in my locker and checked Luke’s locker, and of course he wasn’t here yet.

“What are you doing?” Luke asked making me jump.

“Oh, just, I wanted to know if you were at school,” I flustered.

“You must really need to talk to me,” Luke said as he put his things in his locker.

“Can I come over today?” I asked.

“Yeah, but why the sudden change of heart? On the phone you sounded…”

“I know, but maybe re-meeting your parents and going to your house will help jog my memory or something…” I explained.

            Luke nodded and we parted ways. We didn’t see eachother again until the end of the day, when we bumped into each other in the hall.

“Hey, so how are you liking it here,” Luke asked as we walked to the theatre hall.

“Uh, it’s hard. The town seems nice,” I replied as I heard something and looked around.

“Paranoid much? It’s school, it’s not like there are Vampires lurking around a school,” Luke said with an amused smile.

            I shook my head and I spotted Vince. Luke saw him too and tensed.