Chapter 17 (edited)

“Can I stay the night? I know you never wanted me coming to your house, but since I came here once already…” I said as I tried holding in tears.

“Of course you can stay, you are always welcome. Come inside, I will make you your favorite food and we can talk,” Greg said pulling me into the house.

            I sat down at the kitchen table. The house was small, and the kitchen was tiny, but I didn’t mind.

“Sorry about the house, I know it’s small and kind of a mess. We only have two bedrooms, one for my mom and the other for me. You can sleep on my bed and I will take the floor,” Greg offered as he gave me a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

“I will take the floor dumb ass, you have school tomorrow,” I joked.

“We will discuss that later. So what happened?” Greg asked.

“…and that’s why I needed to get away,” I said after explaining what we had found out.

“I am so sorry. That is understandable,” Greg said pulling me into a side hug.

“I just, they are going to kill people tonight…I was trained my whole life to…it just is hard,” I managed.

            Greg nodded and looked to the door as his mother walked through.

“Hey mom, Vi is staying over tonight,” Greg said.

“Okay, I see you’ve given her dessert, has she eaten dinner?” his mother asked.

“I am fine,” I said as I finished my ice cream and put my dish in the sink and ran water in it.

            A car pulled into the driveway and Greg and his mother tensed.

“Hey Vi, go upstairs,” Greg said pushing me up to his room.

            I went to his room and wondered what was going on. His mother soon came up after me and went to her room and locked the door. I heard the front door open.

“Where is she?” a male voice asked.

“You need to leave,” Greg said sternly.

            I then heard foot steps coming up the stairs and I backed away from the door and seconds later the door burst open, revealing a man in a leather jacket with black messy hair and ripped jeans.

“Get back here!” Greg growled coming up the stairs.

            The man walked in eyeing me, and stood by the window as Greg appeared in the door. The tension between the two was unbearable.

“Get out,” Greg snapped.

“Now, now. I know I’m not around a lot but I just got back from tour,” The man said.

            This must be Greg’s father. I couldn’t put the name to his face, but I recognized him.

‘”Greg, Jackie, please I just got off from your,” The man said rubbing his eyes.

“Whatever,” Greg growled.

“And Greg, who is this?” the man said nodding in my direction.

“Doesn’t matter. Ben you need to get out,” Greg demanded.

            Ben! Ben Storm, why didn’t I remember that?

“Don’t treat your father like that in front of a guest, have you lost all manners? Are you his girlfriend?” Ben asked with a warm smile.