Chapter 16 (edited)

The next morning Poldark was downstairs, with Tim chained to the couch.

“Please just keep me away from my master,” Tim begged Poldark.

“I hope he comes soon, I am not a fit babysitter,” Poldark growled.

            Luke came downstairs and Poldark smirked.

“What?” Luke asked.

“Your turn to babysit,” Poldark said and walked out of the kitchen, heading upstairs.

            I went up to my room and went into my closet and found a box I left. I opened it and found pictures of my family, of Luke’s family, of Vince, Jesse and Greg. I found a DVD in the box that I didn’t remember putting there. I stuck it in the DVD player in my room and turned the TV on. The angle of the camera was straight at the front door, back door and garage door. It was a security tape of my old house in Ft. Lauderdale. It was dark except for when lighting flashes hit. I saw Jason then in the next flash Vlad and Jason. The door opened and then no one on screen.  The screen went blue for a moment and it was a camera outside the restaurant my parents were at that night. I saw my parents’; they were smiling, my dad holding and umbrella, walking tipsily into the alley. I kept watching, waiting, anxious, knowing what happened next. A person wearing all back entered the alley behind them. The camera switched again. It was a different day, a hand appeared on the screen, but it was blurry, like the hand wasn’t solid, then the screen went blank.

            I felt sick to my stomach and ran to the bathroom and puked.

“Violet, are you okay?” Luke asked.

“DVD my room, watch it,” I mumbled and puked again.

        I cleaned myself up and walked downstairs and put on the kettle to make some Camille tea to ease my stomach. Luke came down and put the DVD in the TV and he watched it and it went blank and then the screen came back on and the blurry figure said, “Gotcha!”

        A chill went down my spine and I tried not to cry.

“Where did you find this?” Luke asked.

“In my closet,” I whispered.

        Luke came over and hugged me as I broke down in his arms. Luke held me as I went limp and he sunk to the floor holding me as I sobbed in his lap.

“Shhh, it’s okay. It’s not happening now, it’s the past,” Luke whispered as he kissed my head and stroked my hair as I cried.

“Why? It’s not fair!” I cried.

“It’s okay,” Luke said.

        It was the first time I broke in a long time. I never wanted anyone to see me break like this, Vlad taught me not to be weak.

“Hey, it’s alright, I’m here, and we are going to solve this,” Luke assured as I sat up and whipped my tears off.

“I am sorry, but my master told me to put that in your room,” Tim said.

“What?” I growled.

“How does he know Violet?” Luke asked.

“I don’t know but he wanted you to see it,” Tim said.

“Is the blurry man your master?” I asked.

“I guess,” Tim said unsurely.

“Whoever it was he is a Vampire,” Luke said and I nodded.