Chapter 12 (edited)

Getting downtown, we were at the train station near the alley the kid was killed in. The Vampire had been here; there was a musky scent. He couldn’t be too far. I scoped the area and spotted a manhole that wasn’t put back carefully. I shook my head at how easy this turned out to be.

            “He is in the manhole,” I whispered, “I prefer not to fight in a sewer, so let’s stake him out,” I said.

“How do you know this?” Jason asked genuinely interested.

“Look, the manhole wasn’t put back carefully. He will come back. Vampires don’t like to leave their prey like that. We need bait,” I said.

“Where are we going to find bait?” Jason asked.

“I’m looking at it,” I smirked.

“Oh no! I am not going to be the bait! I am a movie star, Violet. What if I die? People will be miserable!” Jason hissed.

“Get over yourself, you wanted to go Vampire hunting, and since you couldn’t even smell the Vampire, your bait. Plus I’m experienced,” I said pulling out my pocketknife and cut his palm.

“What the hell! Are you crazy?” Jason said pulling his hand into him.

“I had to cut you, I needed the smell of blood, it will be too much for the Vampire to resist,” I said, “Now go over to the manhole, I will be behind this bush.”

            Jason walked over and let his blood drip on the ground near the manhole. Fifteen minutes later a head popped out and followed the blood trail with his eyes spotting Jason sitting. Jason stood and froze as the Vampire got out walking towards Jason.

“Violet why didn’t I have the salt?” Jason whimpered.

            The Vampire halted and looked around. Jason sadly was looking to where I was hidden and the Vampire followed his gaze. Jason then ran for it, screaming down the street. I stood up and walked out from behind the bush spilling salt to see if it was a Noble Vampire. The Vampire cursed and sped over to the salt and started counting. I couldn’t remember where that myth came from but at the moment I was thankful it was real. I laughed as the thought of Jason killing a Vampire came into my head. There was no way he had been hunting before. The Vampire looked up at me laughing and continued counting.

            Luke and Vince came out of nowhere.

“Looks like Jason is a real hero,” Luke laughed.

“What are you guys doing here?” I asked.

“We wanted to follow you to make sure you were safe,” Vince confessed.

            The Vampire stood up once he was done with the salt.

“I am Luke, this is Vince and Violet,” Luke introduced.

“Violet? Why is she with you? She is a hunter!” The Vampire exclaimed.

“She used to be one, but Jason thought she still was one, so she pretended to be,” Vince explained.

“It’s a long story,” I added.

“Vince, you are a very young Vampire. Who made you?” The Vampire asked.

“I don’t know. I was out one night to see my girlfriend and got jumped,” Vince explained.

“If you need any help adjusting, feel free to ask. So I’ve got a human and two Fangs on my hand. Luke do you live with other Vampires?”

“My parents,” Luke responded.

“Your last name please?” The Vampire inquired.

“Your first name,” Luke responded.

“Poldark.”

“Forfang.”

“I thought so. Your father was quite the Vampire in his youth. I was quiet shocked when he decided to settle down and try to live normally.

“You know my father? You don’t look too much older than I,” Luke said.

“I am a Noble, we stay the age we are turned, has your father taught you nothing? I know your father because we used to be friends. I helped him when he was first turned,” Poldark explained.

“Really? Why wouldn’t he tell me?” Luke asked.

“Because he wanted to forget it all. He wanted to live a normal life after a while,” Poldark replied, “Vince I want to talk to you alone for a moment.”

            Poldark and Vince walked their own way. I asked Luke to listen but he didn’t, he felt it was wrong to do that. Poldark came back alone.

“Vince is taking care of some person things,” Poldark explained.

“Is everything okay?” I asked.

“Yes, I was thinking since it’s break, I could take you guys on a trip,” Poldark said.

“We don’t know you,” I said.

“I know Luke’s father. We will be going to Miami Florida. You used to live there?” Poldark asked.

“Yes, Vince told you that,” I said.

“Just say thank you,” Poldark said.

“Thank you, but I can’t just leave,” I explained.

“Jason will not be a problem,” Poldark said practically reading my mind.

            We all headed back to Luke’s and Poldark got to catch up with Luke’s father. Vince pulled out his phone and went into another room. Luke and I sat down on the couch and chatted until Vince came in the room tears streaming down his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.