Chapter 11 (edited)

Jason rode with me to school again and when we got out we bumped into Luke.

“Sorry,” Luke said.

“It’s okay, are you Violet’s friend?” Jason asked.

“Yeah, I’m Eric,” Luke said and Jason looked confused but smiled after a moment.

“Nice to meet you Eric,” Jason said.

            Luke then put his arm around me and led me away from Jason. I was confused by the whole thing.

“Your confusion is amusing me,” Luke said taking his arm off me.

“Explain,” I said not looking amused.

“It was a test Violet. I wanted to see if he had a reaction, and boy did he! He expected me to say Luke, and when I said Eric he looked confused and was unsettled,” Luke smiled obviously proud.

“Okay well, I saw his computer and there was a map and lots of dots, different colors. It seemed like a tracking device of some sort,” I said.

“Hmm. Do you think he knows who I am? Or what I am? I mean, he is friends with Vlad and if Vlad did…do you think Jason knows about it?” Luke asked.

“Good question, I am not sure,” I answered.

“Okay, here is what’s going to happen, I’m coming over your house today and we will get him out of the house and I will take a look at his computer and I will figure out who he is tracking,” Luke said as the bell rang and headed off before I could argue.

            Arriving back home Jason was shocked so see Luke.

“Welcome home, I must be going out. I will see you later this evening,” Jason said quickly grabbing his jacket.

            Jason rushed through the back door and Luke smirked to himself.

“That was a very flustered movie star,” Luke joked.

“Okay, he is gone, do your computer thing,” I said as I went to the stove and put the kettle on.

            Luke went upstairs and came back down with the computer. It took Luke a couple minutes to crack the password but he got in. When he opened up the program a voice came through the computer.

“Jason? You there?”

            Luke shut the computer quickly. We looked at each other and I knew whose voice that was.

“That was Vlad,” I said.

“So there were three color dots, red, green and gold. There was only one red and one gold one. The rest were green,” Luke said.

“So does this mean…Maybe Vlad is the gold dot, because of his money. And Eric could be red, and vampires are green?” I suggested pulling that out of thin air.

“You’re onto something. Vlad is gold; that is settled. Eric, how is he involved, just asking? He has a connection to Jeannette but… Never mind, for now let’s assume he is the red dot. And the green dots we can assume are Vampires since your uncle is involved. Vampires aren’t as rare as one thinks. Wait when Jason met me he was expecting me to say Luke. Did Vlad tell Jason about me? And if so, why? Did you even tell Vlad you reconnected with me?” Luke asked.

“No I never mentioned you to Vlad, good questions. How does Jason know about you then? This is getting really freaky,” I said.

“Stay calm, Vlad’s met my family and knows about us. He knows of me. But why would Jason expect me to say Luke? We are over thinking. Let’s step back,” Luke said.