Chapter 10 (edited)

The next morning I woke to an empty house. I didn’t have a car here, and apparently Jason Howling, famous action movie star, was supposed to be here to babysit me while Vlad was gone on his business trip. After I got ready for school I headed downstairs and debated on calling for Luke to drive me to school, but the door to the garage opened just as I was about to call. Jason walked through, stumbling and saying, “I’m here, I made it, everything is all good.”

“Hi, I’m Violet,” I introduced helping him with his things.

“Thank you, nice to finally meet you. I’m Jason,” he smiled his super star smile.

            He was pretty cute, his brown silky long hair matching his sparkling brown eyes. He was definitely fit and handsome. A bit awkward and clumsy though.

“The limo is waiting outside, I am just going to freshen up before we go, won’t take more than five minutes, promise,” Jason said and ran up the backstairs before I could get a word in.

            I grabbed my bag and walked outside to see a sleek black limo in the driveway. I had to admit that I was excited to be going to school in a limo. I’ve never been in one. The ride to school was amazing and awkward and intimidating at the same time. I grew up watching Jason’s movies, and I remember Vlad saying that they were good friends and that I would one day meet him. I am kind of star struck, but at the same time, seeing him in real life, and knowing he is nothing like the characters he pays, it just…makes him seem not as amazing. I really fell in love with the character he plays, maybe that’s why I’m not as star struck.

            Getting to school everyone was looking at the limo in awe. The driver opened my door and I got out and Jason followed and everyone froze, then a couple girls braved walking up for a picture and autograph. Jason smiled and took the picture, and he then kept walking, following me. I stopped and turned to face him.

“Jason, please tell me you aren’t following me to all my classes,” I said.

“No, I also know your principal, Brian Jet,” Jason smiled.

“Okay, well I guess I will see you later today,” I said.

“Wait, what time do you get out?” Jason asked.

“Three-ten is fine. Anyways I gotta bolt,” I said as I ditched him in the courtyard.

            That day I looked up Jeannette online. I put her name and date of death in and searched for any public records and information. Jeannette’s full name was Jeannette Cutrone, and she died at the age of thirty-three and was married, but the husband remains anonymous. Apparently she was a well-wanted woman, one of wealth and stature and had many suitors and admirers. I printed a copy of what I found and sent a link to Luke to keep him updated.

            That evening when I got home I went into Jason’s room, which was Vlad’s while he was here, and opened up the wall and there was no paper. I looked in the closet and all the files were gone. Vlad took everything with him. Going back downstairs Jason was sitting in the kitchen and someone was preparing dinner for us.

“How was school?” Jason asked.

“People finally know who I am thanks to you,” I joked.

“High school, a rough time, but one you will get through,” Jason smiled.

“So how was working on your latest movie?” I asked.

“It was very fun and enjoyable. So have you made any friends at your new school?” Jason asked.