Chapter 14 (edited)

The next morning Luke, Vince and I went to Ft. Lauderdale.  Poldark somehow got hold of a car and lent it to us. When we arrived I was hit by a rush of emotions. I held them in, and walked to the front door.

“We will be back late tonight Violet. Uncle Vlad will take care of you,” Mommy said.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“We are going to Michele’s Dinging Lounge. We will be back, don’t worry sweetie,” Dad said.

“Violet?” Luke asked.

“Sorry, yeah?”

“Did you remember something?” Vince asked.

“Yeah, but let’s just keep going,” I said.

            The house was locked but we found an open window where my old room used to be. It was kind of high, but Luke suggested a tower. Luke was on the bottom, then Vince got onto Luke, then I climbed both of them, and stood up carefully, not looking down and reaching for the window.

“I would need to jump,” I said.

“On the count of three then. One… two…three!” Luke said and I jumped and grabbed onto the windowsill. I pulled myself up and headed downstairs to unlock the door and invited them in. I went back to my room and sat on the bed. Everything in the house looked different. I wondered who lived here now. I walked all through out the house wishing memories would come back. Luke and Vince didn’t find anything and I didn’t remember anything else. I sat in my room trying to will a memory but Luke and Vince rushed upstairs.

“A car just pulled into the drive way,” Luke said as he headed for the window to jump.

            Vince followed Luke. Lucky them, they could do that, but how was I supposed to get out?

“Jump, we will catch you,” Luke assured.

            Heights got to me, and I was not thrilled about jumping out the window. I heard someone coming up the stairs and closed my eyes and jumped covering my mouth so I wouldn’t scream. They caught me and my heart was pounding. Luke carried me to the car around the corner and we drove off back to Miami. I stayed silent the whole ride back.

            Back at my house in Miami I remembered that they were Vampires and needed blood to survive.

“Blood?” I asked.

“Poldark has some upstairs,” Luke said.

“I see Poldark cleaned up.”

“Yeah, the house is spotless,” Luke said.

“That wasn’t me, that was Tim,” Poldark said coming down the stairs.

“Really?” I asked.

“I can be very persuasive,” Poldark smiled revealing his fangs.

“Well, I better get going back to my house,” Vince said, “Jesse wants to see you, she feels bad about ignoring you the other day.”

“Yeah, okay we’ll come with you,” I smiled.
            Jesse ran up and hugged me when we arrived.

“I am so glad you’re back too! I am sorry I didn’t make that clear sooner,” Jesse apologized.

“It’s okay, I am sure I would do the same if I had someone,” I smiled.

 “Oh but don’t you?” Jesse whispered eyeing Luke.