Chapter 9 (edited)

Vlad

            Sitting down in Brian’s office he looked nervous. I smiled knowing that he was nervous only because I was here.

“So what have you come here for?” Brian asked.

“Violet, I need to know who her friends are,” I demanded.

“I don’t take a personal interest in students like that. I don’t keep tabs on the social circles, but lucky for you Violet isn’t …one to blend in. I’ve seen her with a kid named Luke. Does this have anything to do with eleven years ago?” Brian asked suspiciously.

“Please, that is done and gone. Though, the enemy still lurks,” I said gritting my teeth.

“You could take care of that yourself you know,” Brian pointed out daringly.

“He has escaped me all these years…even escaped Violet. She hasn’t found him, but she definitely caught his attention,” I replied.

“Does Violet know?” Brian asked hesitantly.

“No! I don’t plan to let her find out about the enemy. What’s Luke’s last name?” I asked.

“Forfang, why?”

“This is worse than I thought,” I said as that name surely meant the ruin of everything.

“What is the issue with Luke?”

“He was the boy Violet knew eleven years ago. She wasn’t ever supposed to see him again,” I hissed.

“No! He is one of them. In my school? “ Brian said appalled.

“I know now what I must do. Keep Luke away from Violet,” I ordered.

“How am I supposed to do that?” Brian asked.

“You’re the principal, think of something!” I growled as I stood up to leave.

“Exactly, I am the principal with responsibilities,” Brian pointed out.

“Just find a way to do it. I just need time, okay? Can you try to give that to me?” I asked.

“Fine, but leave me out of this, why don’t you call up Jason? He helped you last time,” Brian noted.

“I’m living in his house, and I think he is finishing a movie…though I will make a call,” I said thanking Brian for he idea.

“Wait, what are you going to do?” Brian asked out of curiosity.

“I will find the enemy, dispose of him, then Violet will know the truth, but not until I kill the enemy,” I said.

“Okay, I will keep you posted. Go home pack, call someone, and good luck. Tell Violet you are travelling for business, it’s a half truth, the easiest lie to get away with,” Brian pointed out.

            I thanked him and headed home. I grabbed all my files and gear, packing them into the car. I was going to be gone, for how long, I wasn’t sure. Once I was all packed I called Jason.

“Jason, how are you?” I asked.

“I am good, I just finished that movie I was working on! I really think it will be a hit,” Jason said enthusiastically.

“Glad to hear that buddy. I need a favor,” I said.

“Oh gosh, what’s it going to cost me?” Jason sighed.

“A trip to Fairfield to look after Violet for me while I go out on the hunt,” I explained.

“Babysitting? I think I can handle that,” Jason laughed.

“Good, I leave tonight, can you get a plane to arrive in the morning or something?” I asked.

“I will get something, just go get that sucker,” Jason said before hanging up.

            I looked at the clock and knew I had to call Violet and get her home now. I didn’t want to explain too much and I needed to leave in a rush. I wanted to say goodbye in case it was my last chance. I called her cell phone.

“Vlad? What’s up?” Violet asked.

“I know you’re at school, but I need you home right now. Mr. Jet will excuse your absence trust me, just get home now,” I demanded and hung up leaving her no choice but to fulfill my orders.

            It took her twenty minutes but she got here. She looked at me in confusion.

“Why is the car packed?” she asked.

“I have an emergency business trip. I will be travelling and I am not sure how long the job will be. I have called someone to care for you; he will hopefully arrive in the morning. I must go, but I wanted to say goodbye before I left,” I explained.