Chapter 27 (edited)

In the morning I woke up and Andrew was gone. I showered and got ready to go and walked down to the courtyard to see Tim leaning on the car.

“Andrew is talking with Dacre and will be down in a minute,” Tim said.

            Andrew sped over and looked anxious. I felt the same way, I only had that ring Vlad gave me to protect myself, it really it wasn’t protection, more like a target saying ‘I’m here, come and eat me.’ We got in the car and drove out of the castle onto a dirt road that went through the woods that lead to the main road.

“Now that we are out of hearing range, I can talk openly with you two,” Tim said, “Dacre is putting on a fine act for you two. He is a cruel Vampire. There are

times when I can’t even believe the evil of that man. Then he at times has a heart it appears…but only with fair maidens, that’s his weakness, women. He lost his true love, no one knows how but she was found dead in the dungeon. So if I were you Violet, I would look my best while here so he doesn’t even think of harming you,” Tim suggested.

“Tell us about Eric and Dacre’s relationship,” Andrew said.

“There isn’t much to tell. Dacre and Eric on some level can be friends, but Eric knows his position and never crosses boundaries. A good Vampire to know and stay around is Daniel, he is one of the servants and can be shy, but really knows the politics and everything that goes on around the castle. You guys want to stay away from Nick; he is Dacre’s right hand man, and supposed successor to the thrown. Nick can be extremely violent; he gets Dacre’s maidens that disobey Dacre. And here is town,” Tim said puling into a parking lot.

            Getting out Tim showed us popular restaurants and stores, and then there was the Dracula stores that sold souvenirs. Tim showed us a taxi stand that he wanted us to go to if anything bad happened. At lunchtime we stopped in a restaurant and Tim ordered food for me.

“Dacre wanted you two hear to meet you because so much drama circulates you, and I don’t know if he plans to let you leave. If you keep doing what you’re doing you should have no problem going back home. Just don’t insult him,” Tim warned before he was at the woods as we drove home.

            When pulling into the courtyard there was a Vampire waiting. Tim smiled and I figured that it could be Daniel. When we got out Tim introduced us.

“Daniel, this is Violet and Andrew.”

“Eric wants you Tim. Dacre wants to see you Violet, and Andrew you are free to do as you please,” Daniel informed.

            Tim was gone in a flash and Daniel walked me into the castle, leading me to Dacre’s chambers. Dacre was sitting in an extravagant armchair and waved his hand motioning for me to come in.

“How was town?” Dacre asked.

“It was nice,” I replied.

“I figured you might want to know some other Vampires around here besides Tim and Eric. You met Daniel, but he is very busy, so I figured I would introduce you to Nick,” Dacre smiled and Nick walked in.

            Nick was tall and built, walking in with confidence as his blonde hair was in a mess. He looked like the stereotypical bad boy type.

“Nice to meet you Violet,” Nick said bowing his head.

“Nick! You could have made yourself more presentable. Violet if you need anything just ask him. Tim will be busy with Eric for the next couple days,” Dacre informed.