Chapter 23 (edited)

“I know where Ellie lives,” Luke said as he made me a cup of tea.

“Let’s go,” I smiled.

“You sure?” Luke asked.

“It’s been a week, I am going to find her and talk with her, that’s all. Plus we need to do this before Andrew gets out of school,” I noted.

“Fine, I’ll drive,” Luke said grabbing the keys from the kitchen counter.

            Ellie lived one town over and I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to say. I had many things I thought of saying, but when we arrived my mind went blank.

“Sit and wait in the car,” I ordered as I walked to the front door.

            Knocking on the door a tall lanky dark haired boy answered the door.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“Is Ellie here?”

“Ellie, what did she do this time?” He asked.

“I just need to talk to her,” I said.

“Come in,” He said, “What about the guy in the car?”

“No, he isn’t coming, not unless I say so,” I said.

“Ellie get down here,” he called.

“What do you want Avery?” She hissed prancing down the stairs and scoffing when she saw me.

“Yeah I am not a fan of getting staked in the leg and having someone try to kill my best friend,” I said with venom.

“Ellie please tell me this is a joke,” Avery begged.

“Shut up Avery!” Ellie hissed and turned her attention to me, “Why would you care if I hunt Vampires, you’re a hunter, or used to be,” She spat.

“Used to be. Who taught you? How do you know about them?” I asked.

“I can’t talk about it,” Ellie said as her mood shifted.

“Stop hunting,” I warned.

“Why?” Ellie asked.

“Did a Vampire hurt someone you loved?” I asked changing the subject.

“Yes, someone I loved died because of a Vampire, why?” Ellie said defensively.

“Because I learned to hunt because I thought Vampires murdered my parents. Turned out it was a human. Not all Vampires are bad, Luke and Andrew are good,” I said.

“You’re wasting your time here, I am going to hunt, you can’t stop me,” Ellie said standing her ground.

“If I see you anywhere near Andrew or Luke I will not hesitate to take you out,” I said then slammed the door as I left.

“That went well,” Luke said as I got in the car.

“Shut up,” I growled.

“So have you thought about Eric lately? This is Andrews last week of school,” Luke pointed out.

“Maybe. I don’t know what to expect. Meeting Dacre…if he is anything like Dracula well then I would be terrified,” I said.

“You don’t have to go, Dacre wants Andrew not you,” Luke reminded.

“I am not leaving Andrew. I will not let Andrew go to Transylvania alone with Eric and Tim the people who changed him and ruined his life,” I said aggressively.