Chapter 23

Shawn POV

I walk into the restaurant to see Matthew already seated at the table.

"Hey Shawn" Matthew says when he sees me approaching.

"Hey, how are you?" I question.

"I've been good, me and Phylicia are just trying to get everything ready for Araya"

I nod my head. "When will y'all officially have her?"

"In about a month or so. But enough about me, how are you and Bey?"

I clear my throat. "Well that's what I wanted to talk to you about"

"Is everything okay?" Matthew asked.

Before I could continue the waitress comes over and takes our orders.

"Everything is going great. I love the relationship me and Bey have now and I want to take it further by asking her to marry me

"Really?" Matthew asks shocked at what I just told him.

"Yeah, and I just wanted to have your blessing because I know how important Bey's relationship with you is and knowing you support us 100% would mean a lot not only to her but me as well"

"Shawn you have nothing but my blessing I've never seen my daughter so happy as she has been with you, and to see my daughter have the mother role to Nahla warms my heart. Just continue making my daughter happy."

"Thank you Matthew"

Once that conversation was over we ate our food and just talked. Now that this part is over I just need to inform Gwyn & Chelle so they can help me pick a ring with Nahla. That should be eventful.

After lunch with Matthew I headed on home. Upon entering the house I hear laughter coming from the living room so I make my way into there. I see Bey and a teenage girl sitting on the couch.

"Hey babe" Bey greets me while giving me a kiss.

"Hey"

"How did it go with my dad?" She questions.

"It went great, just talked about life, sports, you know the usual"

"Oh okay, well this is Araya, the little girl my parents are adopting"

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Shawn" I greet while shaking her hand.

"I'm Araya, Bey hasn't shut up about you since I meet her" she says while giggling.

"I hear that often" we both laugh.

"Okay it's not that funny" Bey says while rolling her eyes.

"So what y'all been talking about?"

"Nothing we have just been getting to know each other. Bey is gonna be a great big sister" Araya says while hugging on Bey. They have a cute bond already.

"Well that's great. Where's Nahla?" I ask realizing that she hasn't came downstairs yet.

"My mom took her somewhere they should be back any minute"

As soon as Bey finished her sentence Nahla comes running through the front door.

"Daddy" she yells while running into my arms.

"Hey munchkin"

Nahla got out of my arms and went over to Bey climbing in her lap.

"Hi mommy"

"Hey baby, I missed you"

"I missed you too"

"Boy I know you see me standing here" Phylicia says while smacking me on my head, Araya laughs.

"I'm sorry ma, how you been?" I ask while giving her a hug.

"I been good. Matthew told me what yall talked about" she says with a big grin.

"Shhh not to loud, I don't want Bey to hear"

"She won't. I'm so excited for y'all"

"Excited for who?" Bey questions.

"Uhh Araya, she supposed to be trying out for the dance team at her school."

"I am?" Araya questions, Phylicia smacks her arm and gives her a deadly stare. "I mean yeah I am"

"Okayyy" Bey says.

For the rest of the day we all just hung around and chilled. I'm so nervous about asking Bey to marry me, I really hope she says yes. I can't wait to make her Mrs. Carter.