Chapter 10

Shawn POV

It has been two months since I last talked to Bey. After that night in the car when she told me her feelings I instantly felt bad. I tried calling and texting her for a week straight, I even stopped by her house to talk to her, but Michelle or Gwyn would just tell me she wasn't there. And if you're wondering why I didn't talk to her when I dropped Nahla off at daycare it's because Bey stopped teaching Nahla's class and let a new teacher teach the class.

Every day I think about that night and how much I regret not telling Bey how I feel. It's not like I don't have feelings for her, trust me they are strong as hell. I just wasn't ready to move on but after doing some thinking and Ty cussing me the hell out I came to the conclusion that I am fully ready to move on. The problem is that I waited too long and the person I want to move on with is gone.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in" I tell Nahla.

"Daddy I'm ready"

"Okay let's get you to daycare." I grab my stuff and we head out the door.

We arrived at the daycare and headed on in. When we got to Nahla's classroom I greeted the new teacher Mrs. Union, but the kids call her Mrs. Gabby.

"Hi Mrs

"Hi Mrs. Gabby" Nahla greeted her.

"Hi, sweetie" She replies. "See you this afternoon Mr. Carter" She tells me.

"Okay, bye Nahla be good" I tell her while heading out the door.

On my way out I see Michelle and Gwyn in the corner whispering about something, they see me coming and stop talking. I just smile out them and continue out the door.

Work went by pretty fast which it usually does now because last month I got a promotion, so I don't do much but sign a bunch of papers and oversee the other employees. Right now I am headed to get Nahla. As I am entering Nahla's classroom I see her and her new bestfriend, Cai, having a conversation.

 As I am entering Nahla's classroom I see her and her new bestfriend, Cai, having a conversation

I walk up to them and greet them both.

"Hey ladies"

"Hi daddy" "Hi Mr. C" They both said.

"Ready to go?" I ask Nahla. She nods her head and go get her things out of her cubby.

"Bye Cai" She says while giving her a hug.

"Bye Nahla" She replies.

Me and Nahla head out to the car and go home. When we get home Nahla heads straight to her room. She does that a lot lately, go to her room and stay there the only time she comes out is when it is time to eat. I always wondered what she did in there, would be no better time but now to find out.

I head up the stairs to Nahla's room to see the door is slightly crack, so I head on in. The sight that I see breaks my heart.

Nahla is laying in her bed holding on to a teddy bear that Bey had got her a while back crying.

I walk over to the bed and take a sit.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" I ask while rubbing her back.

"I miss BB" She says while crying her little heart out.

"I know honey but BB is really busy right now"

"But she promised me that she would always be there for me no matter what. Why did she break her promise?" She looks up at me with the saddest eyes.

I know that Bey was mad at me but for her to completely neglect Nahla when she promised she never would pissed me off.

I sigh. "I don't know, maybe one day she will explain it to you. But I promise you that daddy will always be here for you no matter what. Okay?"

"Okay" She replies.

"Now can you give daddy that beautiful smile?" I ask her, she shakes her head. "Well this seems like a job for the tickle monster" I say as I start tickling her.

"Hahahahaha daddy stop" I stop tickling her once I sense she is in a better mood.

"I love you"

"I love you too" She says while giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey about we go on our daddy daughter date tonight?" I ask.

"Okay" We grab our things and head on out to the restaurant.