Chapter 20

Bey POV

"Babe where you want me to put this?" I turn around from hanging up decorations to see Shawn walking in with the cake.

"Just put it in the kitchen for now babe"

Today is Nahla's birthday, she is turning 4. I have been at Shawn's house since this morning helping him set up decorations. Nahla wanted an Aladdin themed birthday party because that is her favorite Disney movie. Nahla should be arriving with her grandma in about 30 mins so we are finishing setting up everything.

Besides me and Shawn, Michelle, Gwyneth, Chris, Ty, Tyra, Gabby, and Shawn's sister Michaela are here helping us set up.

"Everything is so nice Bey, Nahla is going to love this" Michaela says.

"Thank you. I hope she likes it I want her to have a good time today"

"Aww mama Bey" I playfully roll my eyes.

Since meeting Shawn's family, me and Michaela have gotten really close. She is like a little sister to me now.

"Shawn I'm going to head upstairs and change, can you go in the room and make sure everything is good?"

"Yeah babe"

I head upstairs to Shawn's bathroom to take a shower. I brought some clothes over this morning. After my shower I step into the room with my towel on to see Gwyn and Michelle sitting on the bed.

"What are y'all doing in here?"

"Why didn't you tell us Shawn's ex wife family is coming?" Chelle asked.

"What?" I turn around shocked.

"Yeah Shawn just told us" Gwyn said. I pull both of them off the bed and push them out the room.

"Shawn come here" I yell. I walk back into the room waiting for him.

"Yeah?" He asks walking into the room.

"When were you going to tell me Vanessa's family was coming?"

"Babe her mom just called me and let me know. You know I would have told you about it ahead of time if I knew"

I sigh while rubbing my head. "I know I just wasn't expecting this. Now I'm nervous as hell"

"Why? It's just her mom and sister coming and they are very nice"

"What if they have the same problem as Annie and think that I'm trying to play mommy to Nahla?" I questioned worried.

Shawn pulls me in for a hug. "Babe you have nothing to worry about I promise" he says while kissing my forehead. "Now finish getting dress Nahla's friends are arriving and she should be here soon"

I kiss him before he heads out the room and I finish getting dressed. Hopefully Vanessa's mom and sister aren't messy and have no problem with my relationship with Nahla.

I fixed my hair and headed downstairs.

"BB this is sooo pretty thank you" Nahla says while running to hug me.