Chapter 12

Bey POV

After that awkward encounter with Shawn last night, I still had dinner with Marcus and his sister but my mind was somewhere else. Seeing Nahla last night really brightened my day. Speaking of let me get out of this bed and go see her.

I head to my bathroom to take a shower. After I get out the shower I lotion up my body and put on my panties and bra and walk to my closet to find something to wear. I decide on some leggings, a PINK shirt, and my black huaraches . After throwing my hair into a ponytail, I grab my phone and keys and head out the door.

I hope this talk with Shawn goes good and we can get back to our friendship or whatever. I also hope me and Nahla can make up, because I really miss her. As I pull into Shawn's driveway and see that his car isn't here but someone else's is.

I get out the car and walk up to the house and ring the doorbell. The door opens to reveal Shawn's mom on the other side.

"Hi Beyonce right?" She asks with a bright smile.

"Uh yeah, I stopped by to see Nahla" I tell her.

"Oh come on in sweetie" She says while opening the door letting me in.

I walk in the house and follow her in the kitchen.

"I'm glad you stopped by Nahla has been talking about you nonstop for the past few weeks"

"Yeah I feel bad because I stopped talking to her for a stupid reason"

"Oh it wasn't stupid honey, my son can be pretty stubborn." I look at her strangely wondering if she knew what happened between me and Shawn. "Shawn told me what happened" Well there's my answer.

I slight chuckle at her. Shawn is such a mommas boy.

"Beyonce" Mrs. Carter calls me

"Yes?"

"I know my son he really likes you. I saw the connection you two had when I first met you. It's hard from him to move on, but just give him some time and he will love you like no other" She finished.

"Yes ma'am" I reply while giving her the biggest smile, she is just the sweetest woman.

"Nahla is in her room if you want to head on back there"

I nod my head and walk through the hallway to Nahla room. Once I get to her door I softly knock and then hear a little voice telling me to come in. I open the door to see her watching her favorite show, Doc McStuffins.

"Hi sweetie" I say. Nahla turns her head around and when she sees that it is me, her face lightens up.

"BB" She says while running over to give me a hug.

"Hey baby"

"I've missed you so much BB"

"I've missed you too"

"I'm kinda mad at you though" Nahla says with a frown.

I chuckle "Why?"