Chapter 19

Shawn POV

"Nahla you ready?"

"Yes daddy"

"Alright, let's go"

Me and Nahla head to the car and make our way to Bey's house. Today I am going to be meeting her parents. I'm not nervous about meeting her mother because she seems like a sweet woman, but I am nervous about netting her father. Bey said that he was a cool person except for when it came to her so I don't know what to expect.

Her parents have been in town for a week and they are leaving tomorrow so they wanted to make sure they meet me before they left.

Pulling up into Bey's drive way, I turn the car off and help Nahla out. We head up to Bey's apartment and Nahla starts pounding on the door.

"Hey stop all that" as soon as I finish talking Michelle opens the door.

"Hi auntie" Nahla says while giving her a hug. With me and Bey being together Nahla has gotten really close to Michelle and Gwyn.

"Hi my baby" Michelle says. She puts Nahla down and she runs in the house. "You nervous?"

I shrug. "A little bit"

"Come on in you'll be fine. Oh and Bey's parents are in the living room and she is in the kitchen, just a heads up." Chelle says while walking out the door.

I walk further into the apartment and stop by the living room where I can hear Nahla and Bey's parents talking.

I head into the kitchen to see Bey bending over putting something in the oven. What a view.

She turns around and jumps at me just staring at her. "Babe you scared me" she says while walking towards me.

"I'm sorry" I wrap my arms around her waist. "You look good"

"Mhmm and so do you" she says while leaning in to kiss me.

I can't get enough of Bey's lips, it's like one little peck from her will turn into a full blown make out session.

"Now when you invited us over for dinner I was hoping it would be something we all could eat" we separate quick as hell to see Bey's mom standing in the kitchen.

"Mom I didn't hear you come in" Bey says while fixing herself up.

"Of course you didn't you were focused on other things" her mother says with a smirk.

Bey playfully rolls her eyes. "Baby this is my mother Phylicia and mom this is Shawn"

"It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am" I say while extending my hand out.

"Please don't call me ma'am it makes me feel old and I am far from that. Oh come here" she says while pulling me in for a hug. "I have heard so much about you, I mean Bey just can't seem to shut up about you. Shawn this, Shawn that"

"Okay mom" Bey says feeling slightly embarrassed. We laugh.

"Hi BB" Nahla runs into the kitchen to give Bey a hug interrupting the conversation and behind her is an older man, who is obviously Bey's father.