Chapter 17

Bey POV

I hop out of my shower and head to my closet to pick out something to wear. It is the day of Shawn's mom cookout and I'm really nervous. Not about the fact that I will be seeing his mother again but the fact that I will be meeting his siblings, aunts, and uncles. One thing about it is Tyra will be there so it won't be as bad.

"Bey are you ready?" Shawn asks as he enters my room.

I look at him pouting. "I don't know what to wear"

He chuckles. "Babe just put something on." I roll my eyes at him being so nonchalant about it.

I decided to put on a two piece sundress and some sandals. After putting on my outfit I went into the bathroom to fix my hair. I was leaving it in its natural state so I didn't do much but fluff it out. I added some lipstick and I was ready.

"Okay let's go" I turn around to Shawn.

"You look beautiful baby" he says while pecking me on the lips.

I blush. "Thank you"

I grab Shawn's hand and we head to his mother's house. Nahla spent the night at her grandma's house so she is already there.

When we arrived at Shawn's mom house there were cars everywhere, Shawn said there would be a lot of people here but I didn't expect this much. I immediately got nervous all over again.

I felt Shawn grab my hand and kiss it. "Hey stop being nervous, everybody is going to love you okay?" He reassured me.

I sigh. "Okay let's go"

We get out the car and head up to the house. There were little kids in the front yard playing, music blasting, and people everywhere. We were just about to walk through the front door when we got stopped.

"Nephew" we turn around to see a man in about his late 50's.

"Wassup Unc, how you been?" Shawn says while giving his uncle a hug.

"I've been good, but not as good as you I see" he says while looking me up and down.

"Unc this is my girlfriend Beyoncé, Bey this is my uncle Mack."

"Nice too meet you" I say while holding my hand out. Uncle Mac grabs my hand and gives it a kiss.

"Pleasures all mine" I blush while giggling. This old man is smooth. "You got a pretty one on you're hands Shawn, better treat her right or I will" we laugh.

"Will do. We about to go inside and see mama"

"Alright, find me later so we can catch up" They hug one more time and then we head inside. We walk through the house and into the kitchen. As soon as we entered everybody immediately started looking at me. Way to make me nervous. Shawn let my hand go and headed over to his mother.

He placed his hands over his mom's eyes and kissed her on her cheek. "Hey mom" Miss Gloria chuckled while turning around to playfully hit him.

"Hey baby, it's about time you got here."

"Well I would have been here earlier but a certain someone took forever" Shawn says while glancing over to me. Miss Gloria looked over at me and broke out into a big smile.