Chapter 7

Shawn POV

It has been a month since that night I asked Bey to be my best friend, and to be honest it has been the best month of my life since Vanessa passed away. She just has this loving, and caring spirit about her, and the way she is with Nahla just adds to what I'm feeling. Her and Nahla have created a great bond, all she talks about is "BB this" and "BB that", and she also has to talk to Bey before she goes to bed every night which leads to me and Bey being on the phone all night long.

Right now I am at work going over my cases for the week. I am so glad I get a vacation in the upcoming weeks because I am tired. As I sign my forms for one of my kids somebody busts through my door.

"Do you ever work?" I laugh while asking Ty.

"Haha very funny, I just came to talk to you haven't seen you in a while"

"Yeah I've been busy man" I tell him.

"Hmm busy with a certain daycare teacher huh?" He says with a smirk.

"It's not even like that."

"Shawn stop lying, I haven't seen you this happy since Vanessa died and not to mention that she is great with Nahla. Just admit you have feelings for the girl." He presses.

"Okay I do have feelings for her, but I'm not ready for a relationship so I'm just going to play it safe for right now." I inform him.

"Who says she is going to wait around for you? You need to make a move before it's too late." He says while walking out.

Pshh. Ty doesn't know what he is talking about and plus what if Bey doesn't even have feelings for me? I am not going to get embarrassed.

Forgetting the whole situation, I get back to work and before I know it, it is time to pick Nahla up. I grab my things and head out of my office to my car. I arrive at Nahla's daycare and head on in.

"Hey Shawn" I hear once I enter. I turn to see Michelle and Gwyn with smirks on their face. Ever since me and Bey have gotten closer they have been trying to push us to be together, we just laugh them off. Besides that they are really cool and when all three of them are together it is the most funniest shit ever.

"Hey how y'all doing?" I ask.

"Good just about to head out to dinner." Gwyn informs me.

"Without Bey?" I question.

"We asked but she said her and Nahla had plans" Michelle says while my face scrunches up. She laughs "You should go see about that" She tells me while her and Gwyn walk away.

I head into Bey's classroom to see her and Nahla playing Connect Four.

"Wow Nahla playing my favorite game without me?" I say kind of hurt.

Nahla looks up with a big smile on her face. "Hi Daddy"

"Don't hi daddy me, you replacing me?"

"Daddy" She says with her heart on her hand like she is shocked "I would neber, I love you way too much"

"Mhmm, y'all fake. Hey Bey" I tell her while giving her a hug. Bey always smells good like vanilla and some other shit.