Chapter 11

Bey POV

It has been a long and hard two months since that night in Shawn car. When I got in the house and told Michelle and Gwyn what happened they said that I was wrong and should have understood where Shawn was coming from. I wasn't trying to hear it though, I just couldn't continue being friends with him when I had these strong feelings and the fact that the feeling was mutual didn't help the problem.

Shawn tried really hard to contact me but I was ignoring him, I even went as far as not teaching my class anymore because I would have to see him every day when he picked up Nahla and I couldn't handle that. Speaking of Nahla I have completely ruined whatever relationship we had by letting what happened between me and her father affect my relationship with her.

My phone ringing knocks me out of my thoughts. Putting down my flat iron I answer the phone.

"Hey you ready" The male voice asked.

"Yeah I'm coming down now" I reply then hang up the phone.

I unplug my flat iron and turn my bathroom lights out. I grab my purse then head downstairs to the lobby. Once I stepped off the elevator I see Marcus waiting for me.

"Hey" I tell him while giving him a hug.

"Hey you look good"

"Thanks"

"Alright let's go" We walk out of the building and to Marcus car.

Two weeks ago Marcus called me asking if we could talk now of course I was skeptical with the past that we had, but after thinking about it I realized that I needed closure from our past relationship. We met up and for once in Marcus life he actually owned up to what he did to me and fully apologized. Now I'm not saying we are the best of friends now but we are cordial.

The only reason I am with him now is because we are meeting up with his sister for dinner, we had a good friendship when me and Marcus were together and I haven't seen her in a while.

We get to the restaurant and head on in. When we get in the restaurant we stand in the waiting area waiting for Marcus sister, who is always late. As I am scrolling through Instagram I feel somebody run into my legs. I look down to see Nahla.

"BB" She screams excitedly.

I waste no time in giving her the biggest hug ever, I have really missed her.

"Nahla I've missed you sooooo much"

"I've missed you too"

"Where is-"

"Nahla what have I told you about running away like that?" I look up to see Shawn walking our way. Once our eyes lock we have a little stare down.

"Sorry daddy I saw BB and had to say hi" Nahla responds.

Before Shawn could respond Marcus walks up to me.

"Bey we can go sit down now" He tells me while putting his land on my lower back.

I look at Shawn and can see the confusion and anger on his face.

Shawn POV

I chased after Nahla as she ran to the front of the restaurant. Once I got to the front I seen her talking to somebody but didn't really pay much attention to it because she was about to get in trouble. Once she told me she saw BB I looked up to see Beyonce looking good as hell. Before I could say anything to her this nigga Marcus walks up to her.

I look at Beyonce like she is crazy, what the hell is she doing with him after what he did to her?

"Nahla BB has to go but I will see you later" Bey tells Nahla.

"Promise?" Nahla asks.

"I pinky promise" Bey says while her and Nahla link their pinky fingers together. She gives Nahla another hug and then walks off with this nigga, not saying anything to me.

Bey POV

As I walk away from Nahla to our table I look back at Shawn who is still staring at me. I turn back around and head to the table. As I sit down I make the decision that tomorrow I will stop by Shawn's place so I can see Nahla but also so we can talk about our "situation".