Chapter 8

Bey POV

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. After Shawn left I went in my room and reflected on the relationship me and Marcus had, but I don't want to talk about that now because he's not even worth my thoughts. I got out of my bed and headed to living room where Chelle and Gwyn were.

"Morning y'all" I say as I walk into the room.

"Hey Bey" They say in unison.

I was about to say something to them when I heard my phone go off. I look at my phone to see a text from Shawn.

Shawn: Hey if your free you can come over now so we can talk.

Me: Okay I'll be there in about 45 mins.

"So what are you doing today Bey?" Chelle asked me.

"Well I have to go over Shawn's house because we have to talk" I tell them.

"Hopefully y'all talk about getting together" Gwyneth says.

I sigh tired of hearing about this topic. "We are just friends Gwyneth" I say in a serious tone.

"Keep living in denial Beyoncé" She snaps back.

Annoyed I get off the couch and head into my room to get ready. After taking my shower and putting on lotion I put on my nike joggers and hoodie. Not really feeling like bothering with my hair I throw it in a messy bun, and throw on my UGG's. After grabbing my keys, I head out of my apartment to my car.

As I headed to Shawn's apartment I was little nervous not knowing what he was going to say about the situation last night. Arriving to his apartment, I get out of the car and head up to his door. I knock and wait for Shawn to come answer the door, while waiting I respond to a text from my mom.

"Hey Bey" I hear. I look up to see Shawn in sweats and a white t-shirt with the biggest grin.

I laugh at how hard he is smiling. "Hey Shawn" I reply.

"Come on in" He says while opening the door wider.

I walk into the house and head into the living room and sit on the couch and take my shoes off. While making myself comfortable on the couch I look up to see Shawn looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"Comfortable I see" He says while chuckling. "You want something to drink?" He asks.

"Yeah could I have some water?"

"Okay, I'll be right back" Shawn says while walking to the kitchen.

While waiting for Shawn I notice a photobook sitting on his coffee table. I pick up the photobook and open it to the first page to see a beautiful dark skinned woman that looks just like Nahla. This must be her mother.

"Nosey much huh?" Shawn says causing me to drop the book because I was startled.

"I was... ju.. it was here.. sssoo" I say while stuttering.