XXIV - Unfortunate Accident

• Dedicat lui My Friends and bf with who I had an awesome night yesterday XD

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!

Maybe 10 votes is a little much, but I got to 9 on that last chapter! :) if I don't get 10 in the next 4 days, I'll post the next chapter anyways :P

Unfortunate Accident

I was about to finish my masterpiece. It was my biggest painting ever. The perfect portrait of the TARDIS.

I was in my basement that I also called my work place, wearing old clothes with paint stops and my hair pulled back in a quick ponytail.

The painting was 8 feet tall and I was standing on a latter, making some finishing touches at the top right corner. I was just about to get the right shade of dark blue for the background when I my phone rang. I groaned. I hated getting phone calls when I was concentrated. It was probably Jess. She'd been pushing me to finish this painting for weeks - as my agent.

As I started to go down the latter, my foot slipped on one of the steps and I knocked my head hard on the latter before falling off completely, banging the back of my head ever harder on the desk I kept all the paint and equipment. I was unconscious before I hit the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I started hearing sounds around me. People talking. My brain was unable to register what they were saying exactly. I understood my name. I believe it was a man talking to another man and a woman. It then realized they were talking about me.

"We don't have the results yet I don't think it's anything serious, but I could be wrong. Call the nurse if she wakes up, I'll be back with you in a minute," it was the deep voice of my man I didn't know.

"Thank you, doctor," a very familiar voice spoke and I realized it was Craig.

I heard footsteps leave the room and the room fell in silence. I didn't want to open my eyes, I had a terrible head ache.

I heard footsteps again, but they were walking towards me. Someone took my hand in his and squeezed it.

"Zera, I know you're awake," he said softly and I recognized his voice. He hadn't spoken until now.

My eyes fluttered open and I saw the Doctor looking down at me, he smiled but it didn't last long. I could feel there was something he wasn't telling me and the others.

In fact, when I looked around, Craig was seated in the plastic chair and Jess was standing up next to the door, leaning on the wall. She had a bit of a worried/angry look.

"Gosh, Zera, you scared the Hell out of everyone!" she complained.

"Jess, I don't think it was her fault!" Craig defended me.

I tried speaking, but my throat was terribly dry. The Doctor seemed to know and handed me a glass of water without letting go of my hand.

"Shouldn't we call the nurse?" Jess proposed.

"I'm much better than any nurse," the Doctor smiled at her.

"Who are you anyways? Zera's been talking about you since I met her in secondary school and yet I never met you," she complained.

"I come and go," he simply replied.

"But-" she started.

"She should know..." I finally spoke, shutting my eyes tight from the banging in my head.

"You sure?" Craig asked.

"Yeah, I've known her long enough, she can know the truth."

"Know what truth?" she asked, confused.

"Jess, why don't you come get a coffee with me, I'll tell you everything," Craig offered and before she could refuse, he pulled her out the room.

I held my head in my hands, the pain was getting unbearable, tears were forming in my eyes. I felt like screaming. The Doctor sat down on the edge of the bed and removed my hands before cupping my face and looking in my eyes - not in a romantic way, mind you, but to try to find was wrong with me. His eyes widened in fear and sadness.

"What? What's wrong with me?" I asked, getting rather scared myself.

He let go of my and stood up.

"Nothing," he replied quickly.

"Doctor, you're lying! What the Hell is wrong with me?" I shouted, not liking at all what was going on.

I felt a sharp pain on my head and yelled. Rory Williams came rushing into the room and checked my pulse and asked what was wrong.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned. The Doctor’s father-in-law was the last person I expected.

“I work here, I’m a nurse. The Doctor here asked me to be your nurse since he trusts me,” he smiled confidently.

The Doctor smiled back at him, but looked back down at me who was almost crying of pain.

“Anyways, what’s wrong? Where’s the pain?” Rory asked.

“My head,” I cried.

He tried to calm me down and gave me some morphine. It was slightly better and I was able to relax a bit, but the Doctor's worried face was far from being comforting. I knew that if the Doctor was worried, that it was very serious.

Rory left after seeing that everything was in order and being called by another nurse. I looked over at the Doctor, upset.

"How did I get here? Who found me? The last thing I remember was falling from the latter," I mumbled, starting to feel tired.

"I received a message on my psychic paper. All that was written was a time and a place. I ended up on a street. Curious me looked through 3 houses, trying to find why I was called there before finding you, in a basement of what I figure is your current home, unconscious, covered in paint with a humongous painting laying on top of you. I brought you here, informing Craig who informed Jess. Sophie couldn't come, she's out of town visiting your aunt - if you consider Sophie your mother-"

"I do," I cut him off.

He nodded his head and continued on.

"They ran some test, head CT, that kind of thing," he concluded.

"But you already know everything," I added.

He didn't answer, but looked out of the window, avoiding eye contact. I was starting to freak out. His sonic screwdriver could easily tell him everything, but he chooses to leave me in ignorance.

Jess and Craig came back into the room. Jess looked stunned and unsure, looking intensely at the Doctor as if she was waiting for him to turn green with big eyes and fly away in his mother ship. She didn't say a word, but I could tell she didn't really believe what Craig told her. Craig looked unsure of himself, as if he didn't know if he explained who the Doctor was right.

He sat back down in the plastic chair next to the bed and she leaned back on the wall as the Doctor faced his back to everyone. I wanted to ask him more questions, like what the bloody Hell was wrong with me, but I knew he'd give me no answer and not when Jess and Craig was there.

10 VOTES FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!