|38|

|38| Niall Horan |

Bringing the leftovers from dinner after Lyla fell asleep seemed to be a week ritual. All I know is that his immune system is incredible and it amazes me how long he's survived. Some weeks I just wanted to see how long he could go without his body totally shutting down. So far that hasn't happy which is pretty depressing.

I bang on the cellar door to let the bloke know that I was coming in. "At...least you knocked." I hear him croak out. His sense of humor never seemed to fade even after a whole year of captivity. It made my blood boil.

I set the plate at his feet, pulled up a chair in front of him then watched him struggle to grab the food. "I assume you want an update on how Lyla's doing?" I question him.

"You tell me the same thing every week. Just...that she's doing better. I never believe you because you're a crazy fuck," My lips pinch into a thin line before I let out a small chuckle. The pills helped and I didn't feel like I was losing my mind at all. "We do the same thing every time Nialler. You torture me, we argue about Lyla and then I think you're even more insane than before."

I find the nickname he's created for me pretty annoying. "She is better though, without you. The baby is due any day now and I'm sure we'll both have our hands full after that," I was a bitter subject to him. I was glad he couldn't keep up with the days and nights to keep up with my lies. "She doesn't talk about you, Louis, at all. Perhaps she's forgotten about the fling you had."

He set down the food he was holding and looked away from me. "The fling? We've been in love for years and she's the only reason I haven't killed myself by now. She loves-" The sound of the metal chair crashing behind me as I quickly stand from it interrupts his life. I stand over him as he dares to say another word. "You're merely taking advantage of her fragile state."

"And you're merely a waste of my time, Tomlinson." I spat.

"Hey, no one asked you to kidnap Lyla or me-"

"We found each other!" I shout back and I get angry at myself for letting me get riled up. Louis scoffed and shook his head. "You have no idea how you've sealed your fate Tomlinson. Once the baby gets here I'll have less and less time for you. I'll give you an option...to starve or for me to cut your throat, now."

"Niall-"

"Decide or I'll decide for you."

He licked his dry lips shakily. "Just let me say goodbye to her-"

"No."

"Please!" He begged me as I began to look for a knife." Please I'll do anything...I-I'll admit that I never loved her," that stopped me in my tracks and I took it into consideration. "I will. I'll say it to her face and she'll come crawling into your arms in the end."

"You'd admit that you only used her for your sinful ways...to play with her...to eventually break her heart."

He nods, "Yes."

I smirk and turn around with the shiny blade. The small bit of hope leaves his blue eyes. "You're even sicker than I thought Louis. Did you actually think I'd let you break her heart? She's an angel and doesn't need your apologies. You'd probably corrupt her further just by looking at her. No, you'll never lay eyes on my Angel again."

[two more chapters left. Should I eventually upload them at the same time?]