|31|

|31| Lyla Pembroke |

Usually a bride and groom were glued together after there wedding but I was doing all that I could do avoid him. I could go outside and join all the family festivities but I wasn't feeling up to it. Those Irish people sure do know how to drink and party. I had a weight on my heart and a nauseousness in my stomach. What the hell did I just do?

I stared at the wedding ring on my finger. His brother couldn't actually be a real priest, right? This isn't a documented marriage, at least I don't think it is. It doesn't matter anyways. Niall thinks I'm his wife now and technically I am. I just committed to a lot of things with him. Today has been the slowest day in my whole life.

I had changed out of my dress and into something more comfortable. I was just pacing back and forth trying to process this all. I stayed in the shadows for the rest of the gathering. People went home and I had to say goodbye to Little Ben. I stood in the front doorway and contemplated taking a step forward and running. The chance was too far gone. I finally turned to face Niall after he urges me back inside and closes the door.

He takes my hand and leads me to the bedroom. "You should start packing for us. I'll go get a suitcase from the attic," he tells me straightforwardly. I have no idea what he's talking about. What did I need to be packing for? I look back at him with a raised eyebrow. "I'm taking you somewhere special for our honeymoon, Angel. That's all I'm telling you for now since it's a surprise."

I hated surprises especially Niall's. I only faked a smile and followed his command. I haven't been on a holiday in so long and judging by the dusty old suitcase he brought, he hadn't either. "Can I have a hint about this special place we're going?" I ask hopefully as I start taking our clothes from the dressers. He plops down on the bed, hands behind his head as he watches me.

"Hmm...once we get on the road I'll give you hints as we get closer to our destination." We're driving? My heart races at the though of leaving the house and being somewhat in the public eye. So many chances yet Niall was risking it? Maybe he finally trust me enough.

"I'm excited that we're going on holiday,"I tell him sincerely. It may not be the same reason he's excited but that doesn't matter. Niall knows I'm being sincere. The only scary thing is that he's still in control and I know he's going to finally want to get into my panties. I was willing to sleep with him weeks ago to gain his trust and throw him off his game. I knew I hit rock bottom then. "It can get sort of lonely here...I mean, when you're not here."

I have to quickly correct myself knowing I might anger him. He seems to be more at ease today, more than ever. "I know, Lyla, but we're never going to leave each other's side all weekend. We'll be one, as man and wife."