|21|

|21| Lyla Pembroke |

I knew I was going to be punished. That was inevitable but I thought he would leave me in the cellar again but somehow this was worse. He pushed me against the counter and took something out of a locked door. A needle with a sedative inside. I thought it would make me pass out but it just made me feel weak. It was hard to use lift my limbs, walk or even stand up straight.

This is how I've felt for the past two weeks. I didn't think punishments could get any worse. It's like I'm trapped inside of a doll. The sick f.uck liked it too. I can't talk back or struggle. He can just take care of his precious angel with no repercussions of his wrong doings.

I was leant against his shoulder while we sat on the couch. He stuffed his face with popcorn while I was forced to watch the old movie. "I love Alfred Hitchcock's work. The man was a total genius. He lived to make the audience suffer."

He rambled on about the movie we were watching. It was called Rear Window and about this guy who watched people in his neighborhood through their windows. Niall saw magic and I saw complete and utter creepiness. "James Stewart played Jeff perfectly, no doubt, but no one could look away from his love interest, Lisa. All of her elegance sets the tone of what a woman was supposed to be in the fifties. All of that is gone nowadays."

"Grace Kelly." I mutter weakly staring down at my hand which was placed on my lap. I could move my fingers now and I was attempting to lift my hand but I stop when he places his hand on top of mine.

"You know Grace Kelly, Lyla?"

"I-I know my movies...Niall."

I can practically feel his smile. "I knew we were meant to be angel. Grace is a name almost as beautiful as yours. Promise we'll name our first daughter that?" Oh right, we're engaged to be married and Niall is expecting children afterwards. I should be worried, I am but I'm confident that I'll get out of here by then.

"Sure...sweetheart." I struggle to say and he squeezes my hand tight. My eyes begin to shut halfway through the movie and I fall asleep.

I feel myself being lifted once again when I open my eyes and hour later. I think the sedatives have almost exited my system and I hope he doesn't give me another shot. He carries me to my bedroom and lays me down on the bed. I stare up at the ceiling as I try to move my neck around.

He begins to undress me from my clothing and dresses me in a silk nightgown. He lays down beside me caressing my skin through the fabric of the gown. "I think this one is my favorite Lyla," he whispers almost in a daze. "It looks like the one Lisa wore in the movie, don't you think?"

I couldn't even see my body but I nodded anyways. He's never touched me this way before and I start to get a bit worried. "I have to go work tomorrow but I'll be back around five. We can have dinner and discuss some of the wedding plans."

"Please don't give me another shot Niall," I beg as a tear slides down my cheek. When he would leave for work he left me on the bed and I couldn't move for eight hours but I was completely conscious. If that doesn't make you lose your mind then I don't know what will. "I mean...I want to contribute to the family tomorrow."

He wipes my tears as he looks into my eyes. "Of course I won't angel, m-may I?" He asks suggestively and I slowly nod. He leans down to softly kiss my lips. I'm pretty sure this is his first one at twenty-two years old. How sad is that?