|18|

|18| Niall Horan |

She opens her mouth to say something but immediately closes it. I watch her body mannerisms as she thinks of an answer. She shuffling on her feet and her finger nails are digging into her arm as she holds it. "I'm not hiding anything sweetheart. I was just thinking about what I was going to make us for breakfast."

Lyla wouldn't call me sweetheart. My Angel was hiding something and I was going to figure out what it was. "Oh, really?"

She nods eagerly moving towards the kitchen and I follow her. "Yes, blueberry muffins and tea. I have to warn you that I make the best muffins in all of England! Where do you keep the aprons?" I lean against the wooden kitchen island as I watch her. I point to a drawer and she thanks me quietly.

I drop the question for a while when I see her steadily preparing breakfast. I loved the way she was getting accustomed to her role. Maybe she was coming around after all.

I go through the back door and down the small porch steps. The yard was in need of some work and it's a perfect morning. The shed needed a cleaning and the landscaping in the front yard need lots of work. I'd let it go for the last two weeks because of Lyla's arrival.

Maybe Lyla would want to help plant flowers in the front yard. I'm sure she could make a nicer design and create a homey environment. I should pick up supplies soon. I don't know if I can trust her outside yet though. Perhaps I'll give her more time to get accustomed.

When I finish in the shed I decide it's time to check on something. Harry and I were up in the wee hours of the morning to complete a very special task. Harry's a good friend of mine and we met at the mental health center. He works at a bakery in town along with his fiancé Olivia.

Our special mission this morning involved seize and capture of "Lyla's Boyfriend", Louis Tomlinson. I enter the cellar and close the doors behind me. At the bottom of stairs I immediately hear commotion. I turn on the dim light and I see the older guy has managed to tip his chair over while struggling.

I walk over and lift up his chair. He looks up at me with a scared but still pissed look on his face. I can't take him seriously with the ducktape covering his mouth. I cross my arms as I look down on him. "I've been doing a bit of research up on you, Louis. Number 28 of the Doncaster Rover's and the proud owner of a Rover's Pub. You seem to be doing well for yourself."

Louis remains emotionless as I speak. I rip the tape from his mouth not caring if I draw blood. "You also call yourself Lyla's boyfriend!" I shout angrily, he flinches and grits his teeth.

"Lyla, you know where she is?" He seems pretty calm despite the situation. Maybe he was just relived that Lyla was alive.

"Of course I know. She's the love of my life, how could I not know where she is?"

"You're a crazy f.ucker," Louis cursed at me making my blood boil. "You kidnapped her! She loves me and she'll never ever love you."

I took a step away from him to retrieve something from the dusty corner. "That is where you are wrong Tomlinson," I set up the tripod and camera in front of him. "You aren't leaving this cellar alive until you admit you were just trying to poison her mind with your devilish intentions. You either say it now or I'll torture it out of you."

He shakes his head. "Go to hell man."

I guess he's made his decision.