|36|

|36| Niall Horan |

I never meant to do anything wrong. All I wanted was to have my angel and bless more into the world. I wish my angel understood that.

My eyes slowly blink open, it feels like my brain is shaking around in my head and my eyes hurt as they adjust. I had a small recollection of what happened when everything went dark.

I remember her crying...a lot. Why would she cry? After all, we were husband and wife.

You hurt her.

I didn't mean too!

Maybe you're really not lovable.

Maybe you're just out of mind.

You're off your rocker Niall.

Stop talking!

I gasp for air and try to move my limbs. I feel something around my wrist and start to wiggle them around. "Lyla," I groan as my head pounds then notice her naked body isn't next to mine. I starts to pull on what seems to be a bath robe belt tied to the bedpost. I can tell it was used out of pure convenience because I got out of the "restraints" in half a minute. "Lyla!"

I only have time to slip on the pair of shorts I was wearing yesterday. I walk towards the door as I check my pants pockets. The set of keys I always keep is gone and my suspicions are confirmed. Suddenly there's a sound of a door closing. Almost throwing the door off its hinges I make my way towards where the sound comes from, the back door.

"Lyla, stop!"

There's only a brief second where I can see her short brown hair bouncing in the air as she ran. As I run out, the door slams closed, and I can feel the grass beneath my feet. "Angel, there's no where for you to go!" Surprisingly she does and it gives me an ounce of faith. The night is dark but I can still see the shiny object in her hand.

A knife. "How did you-" I stop mid sentence when I realize that she has my keys.

"I thought you loved me!" She shouted, tears begging to escape my eyes.

"I do-"

Her hand shakes as she holds it by her side. "Then w-why would you do that to me? I-I don't want to be with someone who makes me feel crazy!" Her voice is hoarse with so much emotion trapped in her words. "I'm going insane Niall!"

Worried that she was going to hurt herself I slowly walk towards her. "You're not, trust me, I know. Angel, I know."

"You actually made me think, last night, that maybe it would be better if I was an angel," At first, I didn't understand. When she held the knife up to her own throat I knew what she meant by being an angel. My whole body feels like it's beating like my heart. Instantly I want to shout as I take hurried steps towards her. "This'll m-make it stop hurting, won't it?"

I saw myself in her eyes. I had been there, hurt myself, because I was alone. "It won't do a thing! Set it down...please Lyla."

"I don't want to feel this way anymore. This is your fault!"

I'm only a foot away from her. This time, I'm the one who's trying to calm her down. I reach out to take her arm and lower it as she does. "You're not crazy, Angel. You're in love."

It's the only thing that could make her feel all of these emotions at once. Her eyes are wide as she stares into mine. "D-Don't say that. You can't fix things, you can't fix us-" She didn't want to believe but I'm going to make her.

"With what I know that we have...I can try."

[please remember that I'm not writing a fairytale]