|24|

|24| Niall Horan |

The moment didn't feel right. It felt wrong actually. God would want us to wait until after we were married to commit to each other in that way. I shouldn't have let my desires think that we should sleep with Lyla. I thought about being with her before during my moments of sin. The voices helped me down the right path.

I must've blacked out because when I woke up Lyla was laying close by me sleeping on my chest. I remember the soothing hem she sung to me. It's the first thing I thought of when I came to.

I've messed up...again. Every time we take a step forward we end up taking two steps backwards.

You need to fix things.

They'll get inside of your heads.

You have to fix things.

Everything you know will be threatened if you don't fix it.

I have to fix things so the others don't try to ruin my world. There always trying to ruin everything and take away my angel. I get up from the couch leaving her there. I enter the kitchen and rummage through the drawers. I finally find what I'm looking for but there's only one syringe left. I have to call Harry and get more.

When I walk back over I look down at her sleeping body before picking her up in my arms bridal style. "Your awake..." Her voice trails off as she yawns. "What are you doing?"

I don't answer her immediately. I'm too focused on the task ahead of me. I carry her into her bedroom and close the door shut. She doesn't resist when I lay her down on the bed. The difficultly starts when I pull out the syringe. "No don't! You said that you wouldn't!"

"I never said I wouldn't angel," I shake my head before grabbing her arm and trying to find a vein. "Just try and relax-"

I grit my teeth when she grabs my hand to try and stop me. "Please, it isn't right! It's torture!" It killed me to hear that but I couldn't change my mind. It wouldn't be permanent, at least. She roughly pulls her arms away when she realizes I'm not budging. She scoots away from me on the bed and I reach out to grab ahold of her.

"I won't let you do it." She's being so disobedient. Her condition is worse than I thought. The others, the un-pure, are getting into her pretty little head. Not even angels are safe from them.

She jumps off the bed and rushes over the dead. Before she can get the door open an inch I'm already behind her slamming it back. She screams as I rap an arm around her body. I didn't want to give the dosage this way but I have no other options. The needle pierces the skin of her neck letting the chemicals flow through her jugular.

She goes limp in my arms and I drag her back over to the bed. "There, that's better. Now they won't be able to taint you my sweet Lyla," I kneel beside her taking in her beauty. I turn her head so she's looking into my eye. She's blinking the tears away. "I don't want you to feel pain but it's better here than in hell, I promise. I'm going to change things so they won't be able to find us. No one will ever be able to take you away from me. It's you and I forever, Angel."