|17|

|17| Lyla Pembroke |

He held me tight all night like he was afraid to lose me. I wasn't sure why he was shouting those things and trying to hurt me. What kind of nightmare would make him do that? He had his eyes closed and he managed to unlock my door and get into my room.

I tried not to overthink it when he asked to lay in the bed with me. I couldn't say no. I needed his trust desperately.

When I woke up he wasn't there but the door was wide open. I slip out of the bed and walk over to the closet. Behind the door I slip out of my night gown and put on a new knee length dress that's a pale pink color. The room is a bit chilly so I put on a cream colored sweater. In the mirror behind the door I pull my messy hair into a pony tail.

Treading lightly I walk out of my room and towards the kitchen where I here commotion. I stopped in my tracks when I heard another another voice that wasn't Niall's. I listen in to their conversation. "You should've been there for the Manchester win, Niall. We scored at the second, I'm telling you it was legendary. Olivia liked it because she got to get out of the house."

The voice is deep and English. Slowly I walk around the corner and see Niall talking to someone on the couch. I could see the man's short curly brown locks from behind him. "Ey, maybe I'll catch the next game with you two."

They started laughing but Niall stopped when he saw me standing there. "Hey Angel, come meet Harry." I walk over to stand by Niall. The Harry guy was smiling at me intently as he looked me up and down.

He holds out his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Harry. Niall's a good friend of mine." I take his hand and shake it.

"I'm Lyla, it's nice to meet you." I say simply as I accept his gesture. Niall pats the spot next to him and I take a seat by him.

As Harry and Niall carry on there conversation I wonder is Harry knows about what he does and how I got here? If he knows then he definitely doesn't care. I think about making a gesture towards him but I'm not sure how.

What if Niall notices? He'll freak out, he might hurt Harry and he'll surely punish me. I can't take the risk right now. I don't seem useful to the conversation about Football. Around half an our later Harry is about to leave and Niall is walking him to the door.

I stand from the couch feeling relieved that he's gone. I notice something on the coffee table, Harry's phone. There backs are turned towards me so I pick it up. It's locked but I could make an emergency call on it. Harry could be halfway to the city before he notices it's gone. I could be saved by the police.

"Alright, see ya' lad," The door closes and so do the millions of locks on the door. I turn and slip it into my sweater pocket. "Lyla, you did so well!"

I turn back around to see the smile on his face start to fade as his eyes narrow at me. "What are you hiding angel?"